4 new possible UK Anime liceneses appearing on HMV?

Neferpitou

Stand User
The following 4 anime titles have appeared on HMV:

Sailor Moon&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;68;-1;2&sku=197701">link</a>

Sherlock Hound Complete Series&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;68;-1;2&sku=20346">link</a>

Vampire Knight&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;68;-1;2&sku=197593">link</a>

Akira BLU-RAY&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=996157">link</a>

Colour me suspicious yet excited at the inclusion of Sailor Moon. It's probably just a rerelease of the chopped up dub but if not...

R

I agree with Lupus about this possible Sailor Moon re-release.

do%20want.jpg

Maybe Vampire Knight as well, although it doesn't interest me as much as other anime titles I'd like to see in the UK *Cough*Nana*Cough**Cough*

Sherlock Hound looks good too, I'd buy that.

I noticed Akira yesterday and was going to point it out (it's the only one that really interests me) but I'm glad you found some more there Dave, it makes for a more interesting thread.

No distributor on the Akira page I notice. Do we know if it's still in Manga's hands for the high-definition release? If it is I hope they'll offer us something special like the US Ltd. Edition. I'm a little disappointed with the look of their Blu-ray packaging so far given that when they first ventured into DVD just about every release included fold-out posters / liner notes and slipcases.

Sailor Moon? Interesting... will ask MVM about this at Ayacon.

Sherlock Hound? Another classic release like MCoG...?

Vampire Knight? No surprise, Viz have the US licence, this'll be Manga UK.

Akira BD? Another no surprise, Manga are releasing a lot of Blu, and Akira has been out of print for a while.

I watched some of Sherlock Hound out of interest. The title character's dub voice is perfect- pleasantly reminiscent of Parsley the Lion, had such a Herb possessed more aplomb and self-confidence. Other characters exhibit appropriate accents to varying degrees, with Watson sounding somewhat hotchpotch.

Oh have TBS sorted that nonsence with the Youtubes or did you have to "Not" see it?

Anyway, the part of me who likes sailor moon wants to belive that the Sailor Moon release is the R2's with ADV's subtitles but the part of me who had to deal with Endless Eight thinks this a mistake on HMV's part.

My thoughts on these licenses:

Sailor Moon: After hearing how badly sailormoon did for mvm I can't see the series been re-released. I either believe it some kind of mistake or release of one sailormoon movies. I can only imagine Manga will be likely home of this license if one of the movies.

Sherlock Hound Complete Series: The show I would want most out of the 4. As Fudce said a release like MCoG is what also imagine for this release done by the same people as MCoG: fabulous films.

Vampire Knight & Akira Blu Ray: Both near certainties for Manga for the obvious known about connections.

Methinks that Sailor Moon is an old leftover from the MVM days as Toei allegedly revoked ALL licences for it years ago. It is hoped that with that Toei/FUNI streaming deal they might bring it up from the basement and re release it that way, but so far it's just hope.

Sherlock Hound looks like a fun and light hearted series. Seems very Studio Ghibli-esque if it isn't a SG production. Couldn't care less about the rest, especially Akira, which is really overrated.

Mohawk52 said:
Methinks that Sailor Moon is an old leftover from the MVM days as Toei allegedly revoked ALL licences for it years ago. It is hoped that with that Toei/FUNI streaming deal they might bring it up from the basement and re release it that way, but so far it's just hope.
If I may conjecture, maybe Disney's UK branch has decided "Let's give this another shot" for Disney XD and they've got the licence (which given thier links to DIC and Toei though Sailor Moon and the likes of Digimon Data Squad, isn't entirely out of the question).

This of course throws up a whole boat load of questions but it's a therom non the less.

I want Sherlock Hound pretty badly, despite having heard the dub (which really doesn't work for me). Unless it's something crazy like £100 for the set I'll be ordering it! :-D

Back