16th May UK anime releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Yet another big day for the UK today in terms of anime DVD releases as all of the big four UK publishers (ADV, Beez, Manga Ent. and MVM) have new DVDs hitting shop shelves across the country today. So take a deep breath and pull up a bean-bag as we break it down for you.<ul>Out 16th May<span class="menu"><li>Adventures Of Mini-Goddess #3 (MVM)
<li>Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040: Complete Collection (ADV)
<li>Chobits #2 (MVM)
<li>Chrono Crusade #2 (ADV)
<li>Full Metal Alchemist #1 (MVM)
<li>Gad Guard #3 (ADV)
<li>Get Backers #3 (ADV)
<li>Iczer 3 (Manga Ent.)
<li>Love Hina Spring Special (MVM)
<li>Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi #4 (ADV)
<li>Rune Soldier #6 (ADV)
<li>Stratos 4 #1 (Beez)
<li>Trigun #3 (MVM)
<li>Zeoraima - Project Hades (Manga Ent.)</span></ul>Looking to keep up to date with UK anime DVD releases? Be sure to take a glance at our <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php">comprehensive schedule</a>.

Not one of them was in the HMV in Enfield.

Hope the one near my college has some dvds in i want...

Want:
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040: Complete Collection (ADV)
Chrono Crusade #2 (ADV)
Full Metal Alchemist #1 (MVM)
Gad Guard #3 (ADV)
Get Backers #3 (ADV)
Love Hina Spring Special (MVM)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi #4 (ADV)
Stratos 4 #1 (Beez)
Trigun #3 (MVM)

Just waiting for FMA 1 and Chrono Crusade 2 to arrive; Get Backers 3 is on the rental list. I'll probably check out some of the others at a later date.

IanC said:
Not one of them was in the HMV in Enfield.

Hope the one near my college has some dvds in i want...

Want:
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040: Complete Collection (ADV)
Chrono Crusade #2 (ADV)
Full Metal Alchemist #1 (MVM)
Gad Guard #3 (ADV)
Get Backers #3 (ADV)
Love Hina Spring Special (MVM)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi #4 (ADV)
Stratos 4 #1 (Beez)
Trigun #3 (MVM)

Trust me when I say that you would save significant money by ordering those online instead of at your local HMV. BGC 2040 alone you can get for £15 as opposed to the standard retail of £45-£60.

Personally, I gave up on HMV a long time ago when it comes to anime, except when it comes to the odd pricing mistake *cough*cough*Hellsing*cough* :mrgreen:

Since you're a student like me, you probably need all the money you can get to spend on instant noodles. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind the BGC2040 boxset. I have it on video from eons ago!! but I have never bothered to set up my video player since I moved, so the DVDs would be nice :D
Someone is selling it on ebay at the moment for £10 but they only accept paypal :cry:

subedii said:
Trust me when I say that you would save significant money by ordering those online instead of at your local HMV. BGC 2040 alone you can get for £15 as opposed to the standard retail of £45-£60.
Urm, i never said i was going to get the boxset from HMV, did i? I just listed it as what i want.

Ive given my reasons for buying dvds in HMV before, so im not going to repeat myself

I know, I know! I'm sorry!

It's just that I keep having flashbacks of spending a tonne of money on anime in-store and then finding out about cheap DVD websites. :lol:

Back