15th May UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
Another batch of anime DVDs is set to hit the shelves this week, including the UK debuts of two more series in the form of Gilgamesh and She, The Ultimate Weapon (aka Saikano).

All of this week's releases are listed below.<ul class="menu"><b>15 May 2006</b>
<li>Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! #3 (ADV)
<li>Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Second GIG #3 (Manga)
<li>Gilgamesh #1 (ADV)
<li>Heat Guy J #2 (Manga)
<li>Madlax #2 (ADV)
<li>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: The Afterglow of Zeon (Beez)
<li>Peacemaker #5 (ADV)
<li>Saikano (She, The Ultimate Weapon) #1 (Manga)</ul>To keep an eye on all upcoming UK anime releases, look no further than our regularly updated schedule.

Yeah Fumoffu was posted last week from play.com

Disc 2 was fantastic. It still felt funny on rewatch. And disc 3 reintroduces Tessa in lovestruck mode and the whole Onsen episode (i.e. bloody hilarious). Not sure of this disc includes the last Yakuza episode, I think thats on disc 4.

I am curious id anyone is picking up Heat Guy J? Its been recommended to me, and you have to love double-disc releases.

Saikano/She, The Ultimate Weapon is well worth a look; I was so impressed after watching the first volume that I was tempted to order the R1 boxset there and then (until I realised I probably shouldn't spend £50 I don't really have going spare ;) ).

Gilgamesh is the *new* release today that interests me, not exactly new as the show must be a few years old now but certainly new to the UK
I had this on fansub for ages but never got around to watching it and now can't find the bloody thing!

Oh dear, it's 0083 movie release day, to be known by mecha fans throughout the UK as "the day Beez thought that no-one was interested in Gundam anymore, but actually no-one wanted their crappy compilation movies".

GITS SAC 2nd Gig Volume 3 is cool but check the DVDs before you put them in your DVD player, because I got to send mine back because mine is faulty it has got tiny lumps that cause Episode 10 to miss a chapter and makes it pixelates.

Back