What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2023 HAUL VER 6.1
(note: the forum broke Imgur images at the time of the post so I'm using images that I posted on other platforms for the meantime)

Went to the cinema today to watch Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, absolutely amazing film and don't forget it's Part 1 of 2 so as long as you know that going in, you'll have a blast. In addition to the cinema trip I also wanted to look into a few games.

IMG_20230603_161815.jpg

Ever since Alan Wake 2 was confirmed to be digital only, I noticed the prices of the physical games for Remedy's other titles were going up so after the cinema trip I wanted to look into them in-store for a decent price and fortunately I found them across two stores. In GAME I found Control Ultimate Edition and then in CeX I found Alan Wake Remastered, both for the PlayStation 5.

I've played the original Alan Wake on Xbox 360 and loved its story and concept, whilst Control I've been meaning to play for years ever since it was first unveiled at the Sony E3 showcase.

IMG_20230603_162034.jpg

In fact, Control was bought as part of a 3 for 2 deal in their pre-owned range so I also picked up two more games for the PlayStation 5, both of which were also bit more expensive online. First up we have Hades, the award-winning roguelike game from Supergiant Games, and Hot Wheels Unleashed, the surprise hit racing game which I did manage to play last year from PS Plus' mini-trial.

While I was also in town I visited the Travelling Man store as well, and once again the same issue with missing volumes was still the case here for the Viz Media section so I didn't want to make use of that. That said they did have light novel volumes available and I know I haven't bothered much with this section so I figured it was finally time to revisit it.

IMG_20230603_161136.jpg

The big focus was actually these two titles in particular because there's been stock issues for the volumes that I have been after for a while now. Starting off with OVERLORD novel volumes 10 & 11. I've been watching the anime adaptations and like the series a lot, and considering the novels were released in hardcover I prioritised the series until I was in a position where I didn't have to worry about stock issues, though that didn't last long as Novel 10 had been the case for a while.

IMG_20230603_161400.jpg

And then we have a new addition to the light novel collection with The Eminence in Shadow novel volumes 1 & 2. Interestingly, despite being an isekai that has an anime and has lots of waifus, I've not actually seen the show yet and the main reason is because it's streaming on HIDIVE. Anywho I heard that Yen released the light novels in hardcover and to no one's surprise they also had stock issues so the store had the first two volumes available and figured I'll get both to be safe.

My plushies arrived - they are adorable and I love them! 🥰 I also got my lego-alike sets from the same order but will post those individually one by one as I complete assembly/construction :)

The list of plushies is:

5 bubble tea flavour keychain size ones (I can identify some flavours but others are more ambiguous, they are cute though, and a good small size for if you want to have a few different ones for the whole range of flavours thing - they have some very cute plushies of fruit and various breads on there as well which I considered but the fruits were a bit big compared to their real size which slightly defeats the object if you want to put them in a fruit bowl or something which obviously you would or at least I would) :p
Strawberry Frog (also looks like it's doin' an epic with the embarrassed anime sweatdrops)
Love Frog (I'm sure frogs that don't have shiny hearts on their chests still feel love tbf)
Frog (just a regular frog, nuthin' unusual to see here... ;))
Strawberry Purse Cow (the only plushie I purchased that comes with a lil accessory... wait what was I thinking love frog has a crown and mermaid cat has a bow 🤔😅)
Strawberry zipper ears bunny (yes you can reverse them to make them look like giant bunny ears but it just looks so cute peaking out of the strawberry!)
Succulent plant in pot with feet (yes I wanted to see if I could sit it on random things for my own amusement XD They also did a good job with the texture of the material for the pot, it's like, actually woven fabric but fairly soft considering that so it has a different vibe than the other ones in that regard but not all scratchy) :)
Mermaid cat (I like the relatively unique design and shininess, nice shades of blue also)

Attachments

• Plushie Haul Temu 06:06:2023.jpg
    Plushie Haul Temu 06:06:2023.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 7
Decided to pick up Overlord 3 CE as i've kept considering it for ages and saw one pop up on allthemusic so grabbed it with young justice S3 for the 20% off 2 itmes.
Owarimonogatari vol 3 & star treck lower deck form Cex
The rest from ebay, gundam seed destiny UE (slight dent in the art box, but price was pretty good so it'll do), Shiro bako, kamisama dolls and Canaan

20230607_133343.jpg

Back