Your viewing journal

Golden Time episodes 1-12: There's some crazy people and some weird clubs at this university. Big complicated romance triangle, with the old amnesia excuse. Still, I enjoyed the story and characters and will probably pick up the second set.

Parallel World Pharmacy (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Complete)

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 1 After 10 long years the waiting is finally over, Bleach is finally back.

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers Episode 1 This is going to be an intersting watch.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 270 An obvious outcome.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day IX: Uzumaki (2000) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 473-491

Spy x Family ep14

Curious about what that car the terrorists were driving was - I think it's annoying me because I feel like I ought to know, but can't put my finger on it. At first glance, I thought it was a Lada Samara, but the shape is too different to even be a stylised version of that.

Call of the Night ep11-12

When it was just about hanging out with the characters, I was enjoying this, but now that they've introduced a more serious element of threat, I feel less keen, even if it seems well done for what it is.

My Hero Academia s6 ep1-2: Straight back into the action from the last season. All of my favourite characters were completely sidelined by the plot a long, long time ago, but nonetheless this remains one of the more watchable shounen romps. I don't care much about Mirko so far but at least she has a fun design.

The Eminence in Shadow ep1: It wants to be Code Geass but this edgy nonsense takes itself slightly too seriously, and as a result is nowhere near as entertaining. The first episode spent so long on its weird fakeout setup that I don't really understand what the setting and show are about - but at the same time I don't care about the boring characters enough to keep watching in such a busy season, so I guess I'll never find out. I think this could have been a better show in another world where it just went full crazy and dropped all of the tedious self-indulgent monologues entirely, but when it comes to crazy anything less than full commitment simply doesn't work for me.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun s3 ep1: Hurrah, it's the same old Iruma-kun and this 90s-style comedy is just as fun as ever. The ending song is awful; I love it. I will, however, scream if they don't explain what the deal is with Purson soon, even though it's hilarious looking out for him in every scene - I only noticed him for the first time at the start of season two but this has to be one of the longest silent teases for a background character introduction I've ever seen.

Do It Yourself!! ep1: To me this was the anime equivalent of watching paint dry for half an hour, but my viewing partner really loved it (the first major divergence in opinions we've had this season) so I'm chalking it up to being one of those shows which live or die depending on the viewer's interest in 'helpless girls hyperfocusing on their hobby' shows. The art style is pleasant and the secondary characters might be ok; I found the lead really annoying (though again, my partner thought she was great). A decent attempt that simply wasn't right for me.

The Human Crazy University ep1: I don't really understand this show. For one thing it completely outstayed its welcome with a full-length episode of the cheapest animation of the season, and for another it kept meandering without ever getting to the point. The themes of the first episode are genuinely dark (especially compared to all of the edgelord cutesy-slavery tripe that the light novel adaptations have been contributing to this season) yet a lot of those elements were just setups to gags which ended up not being all that funny. Nothing in it was especially insightful, even though the death row setting was interesting, and the characters were weak. Yet at the same time it was weirdly watchable. Perhaps I'm getting desperate for content with adult leads (who behave kind-of like adults rather than whiny aged-up schoolboys in disguise).

I think I'll do Peter Grill next; that should be a good palate cleanser before that farming LN show completely breaks my spirit.

R

Last edited:
Ninja Robots [English Dub of Ninja Senshi Tobikage] Episodes 12-22 -
More escapades around space, betrayals, then going back to ground looking for legendary ninja robots, finding more wacky characters and finished this batch with a guest character doing some kind of Shatner impression or something. Over half way done, more to go.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus [English Audio] Episodes 1-6 -
Started to watch this given the current ongoing WB-Discovery mess and concern it might get pulled from ALL4. So far it's been a decent if fairly unremarkable story with nothing overly grabbing my attention. I have some hope it's picking up at this point, but if it spins it wheels I wouldn't be too surprised.

MSG: TWFM ep 2
Trial.

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers (FuuKoi) ep 1
Seems like an odd couple romance.
In what I can only assume is a dystopian future Japan where the depopulation has gone critical high-school boys and girls are paired up into "married" couples, forced to live together and scored on their performance and refused graduation if they fail! Of course our MCs don't get their preferred partners and have to work together to get good grades because then they can swap places.
Despite the f***ed premise it could be a fun ride.

Golden Kamuy s4 e2
How's your luck?

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War episode 367 Straight into business.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 38 On thin ice.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 2 Settling in.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day X: Don’t Go in the House (1980) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 493-496, 500-505

Love Live! Superstar! Season 2 Episode 24 (Complete. A second season that expands upon the main cast whilst giving development to certain characters. Another enjoyable outing and with a 3rd season coming there's more to look forward to.) 3/5

Management of a Novice Alchemist
Episode 2 Settling in.

Shinobi no Ittoki ep 2
Entrance exam.

Chainsaw Man ep 1
Seems like a dumbed down version of JJK, just rip s*** up and don't care about all the complex named techniques, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Although actually it was pretty dull for most of the episode. Unfortunately the cgi-ness of it is also distracting. Far from the worst I've seen, but it just feels like something is off.

Encouragement of Climb: New Summit ep 2
Frustration.

Chainsaw Man episode 1 Let’s see what the hype is about.

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 2 More recap with some lovely imagery.

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season episode 12 Here’s to the Future. (Complete. A fun season and with confirmation of a third coming I hope the story progresses nicely.) 3.5/5

Shinobi no Ittoki
episode 2 Exam.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XI: Death Screams (1982) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 507-516 And that’s me up to the timeskip. Now to take a break and watch the films up to this point over the next few days.

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 36-42
I'm glad I took a break as I was able to enjoy this batch of episodes a lot more than if I'd carried on binging the the whole thing in one go. The incredibly formulaic nature of the show is much better in small doses.

Emma season 2
Everyone is miserable at the start which means there's much more dramatic impetus from the off this season! It's a vastly superior season than the first one.

Release The Spyce
Fun show, fun characters, good action. Not much else to say about it really. Saw people on another thread comparing it to Princess Principal and honestly I didn't think RTS was anywhere near as good as PP though I still enjoyed it and the last 2 episodes were fantastic.

Only Murders In The Building season 1
Stumbled on this on disney+. It's so good! Someone dies in an apartment block and 3 true crime podcast enthusiasts try to solve the case and make their own true crime podcast from it. Stars Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez as the amateur investigators and their found family relationship is great to watch and grow. The show blends comedy and drama really nicely, is packed with twists and is just a great all round watch.

Last edited:
Back