UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I remember the film being okay but nothing amazing but I'll wait for it to go on sale down the line as well, need to save money where I can lately considering everything in the world going up.

EDIT: I am glad to see it finally get a BD release though as it has been a few years now since watching it on Screen Anime so has taken a while.

Arguably anyway. That 1st episode was nasty with it's artifacting or whatever the term is. Regardless I will buy the SE and disc swap I guess.

Oh, it's total rubbish but that's just the nature of the game unfortunately. If they set a precedent where they'd replace a rubbish old release for a new restored one there'd probably not be any financial incentive for them to do so again.

Oh, it's total rubbish but that's just the nature of the game unfortunately. If they set a precedent where they'd replace a rubbish old release for a new restored one there'd probably not be any financial incentive for them to do so again.
Regarding Cyber City, a larger early bird discount than usual on the HD version might be the fairest way to encourage double-dipping, since the people who buy AL titles on pre-order are likely to be the same demographic who bought the collector's edition of a 90s OAV series.

Sorry I'm out the loop, what's wrong with Cyber City Oedo? I've got the CE but haven't got round to watching it
Anime Limited's release was based on an old DVD master which was upscaled for their Blu-ray release, as the original masters weren't found.

Then months later, AnimEigo found a vault full of anime masters that were considered lost which included Cyber City Oedo 808 (as well as Project A-Ko, Appleseed, Violence Jack, Angel Cop etc), so Discotek re-released the series as a steelbook with a proper HD remaster.

Basically Anime Limited's release and the documentary were outdated immediately as a result.

And I got TWO copies of the Cyber City CE from AL, they accidentally shipped it to me twice. I've got the new HD Steelbook as well, so I'll just wait for a standard release of the HD transfer and buy two of them whenever they go on sale, and swap the discs into the CE box and re-sell one or both of those sets. Since I'm in the US, I'm sure someone over here would love to have Cyber City in a chipboard Collector's Edition with a Region A HD Blu-ray inside. I won't be making any money doing that, but it's the thought that counts, right?! :)

please no, otherwise I'll be forced to touch my backlog and we all know we don't do that around here 😢

Tbh I myself wouldn't mind so much as long as it didn't have damaging implications for the industry, I would really like to work through some backlog titles! IMO if I don't wanna watch it to that extent I shouldn't really have it in the first place and will sell, give away or recycle/otherwise dispose of it, and it's more the fact that there's just sooo much out there that gets in the way of tackling my shelves of unwatched anime (also I saw my opportunity to make a Groundhog Day reference and I took it XP ) 🤔😅

Back