UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Such a shame that SSSS DYNAZENON didn't get a UK release given we got Gridman.
I ended up importing it alongside Kageki Shoujo.

I hope they go back to their catalogue and release it eventually.
There I was thinking that it'll definitely make its way here eventually but it would be a crying shame if they don't do a UK release at all... Likewise for Kageki Shoujo, though sadly I can't say I'm surprised that that one didn't come across.

Random thought of the day, I completely forgot that I raised a support ticket with Funi over my digital copy voucher for Akito the Exiled not working, and they haven't got back to me since Feb
And it was 8 months ago I raised that original support ticket. Wtf.

Such a shame that SSSS DYNAZENON didn't get a UK release given we got Gridman.
I ended up importing it alongside Kageki Shoujo.

I hope they go back to their catalogue and release it eventually.
being a uk gridman fan is suffering, first they messed up giving us the 2.0 Japanese track instead of giving us a 5.1 track and now we don't even get dynazenon on blu-ray over here, i think i'll probably wait cause lol at paying £40 for it

being a uk gridman fan is suffering, first they messed up giving us the 2.0 Japanese track instead of giving us a 5.1 track and now we don't even get dynazenon on blu-ray over here, i think i'll probably wait cause lol at paying £40 for it
Regarding SSSS.Gridman, I don't know if we should blame Funiroll US for the audio issue (seeing as the UK release used the US masters), or if it was down to Tsuburaya (the licensor), who could've disallowed the 5.1 Japanese track to be available in the English friendly release to prevent reverse importation (the subtitles are not locked for that release). Plus the lack of extras from Japan too (no textless credits either).

As for SSSS.Dynazenon, I'm debating about holding out a while longer for a UK release, or just jump ship and go for the US release instead. Either way, it will look inconsistent with my SSSS.Gridman LE, as Dynazenon is Standard Edition only.

Who knows? The only thing I can tell: Radiant got a complete season release in France, so there is no general "on hold" by the japanese producers.

got my copy of Combatants and i guess crunchy took into consideration the complaints about the terrible new cases cause it had a dualsided case, granted 2 of the 5 buttons are broken on it but i won't chase AoL for a replacement case as i think it had broke in the disc factory

I am guessing we will see something similar if not the same from Crunchyroll.

With a Blu-ray case rather than a digipak, most likely. I can't see Crunchyroll doing digipaks - at least not over here in the US. Digipaks are an extreme rarity here - is why I import Anime limited CEs from the UK.

Lol, I have no idea what that series even is in that photo.

am i losing my mind or was the complete Franxx supposed to be out by now or was it always october 3rd? looking through my emails and randomly found i pre-ordered it a while ago

am i losing my mind or was the complete Franxx supposed to be out by now or was it always october 3rd? looking through my emails and randomly found i pre-ordered it a while ago
I thought it'd already been released too but I guess it's because Crunchy announce them quite early 🤷‍♂️

Also the Franxx complete series steelbook is still available from zavvi for like £18 😉

I thought it'd already been released too but I guess it's because Crunchy announce them quite early 🤷‍♂️

Also the Franxx complete series steelbook is still available from zavvi for like £18 😉
i had a bunch of credit so it only cost me like £7, don't really have any interest in steelbooks or giving zavvi anymore money

Back