What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

August Haul - Batch #03

cSaMFggh.jpg

WH8He44h.jpg

Y02ZtzSh.jpg

Arrived yesterday is the Tiger Cage Trilogy in deluxe limited edition packaging. This includes a poster and booklet which are neat.

The Anime Limited Summer sale haul arrived today. Consist of three titles that had been on my list to get for a while, one of which didn't even go on proper sale until this one (it did show up before but it was Mystery Box exclusive).

zMvXEUbh.jpg

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon, another Crunchyroll series released by Anime Limited in collector's packaging and using Discotek's disc. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

qaNbCvSh.jpg

The Dragon Dentist, Studio Khara's two episode special based on their short that was from their Animator Expo series. Sentai discs, so it's also Region AB. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

RSpPpoFh.jpg

InuYasha Season 1, still no word on the other episodes but at least we got a nice release. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

I received two titles today from Rightstuf, one Aniplex and one Discotek release:

Fate/Grand Order THE MOVIE Divine Realm of the Round Table Camelot Paladin Agateram
Golgo 13 The Professionsal

fgopaladingolgo.jpg
That reminds me, I need to get around to listening to the audio commentaries on that Golgo 13 blu-ray. It's not often you find an anime movie with multiple commentary tracks.

20220813_120622.jpg20220813_120716.jpg20220813_120837.jpg20220813_120919.jpg20220813_121125.jpg20220813_121008.jpg

Here we go again.

Couple of cool surprises here, namely Akihiko Yoshida being chara designer on Maquia and Black Rock Shooter having a stacked af staff!

I thought BRS was an Imageepoch PSP game, had no idea it was created by the Steins Gate guy. Then I read the back of the box and I see Mari Okada's name on script duties. I then go on the net to read a bit about it and find Hiroyuki Imaishi was the CG director.

Got it for literally 2 EUR, had no idea what to expect.

Dybex still can't do good packaging to save their lives but that's Yamato complete, with the movie also. The content more than makes up for it, though.

It was time to update the hard drive in my 8-year old MSI All-in-one PC, the 1TB spinning hard drive has been really bogging response times down. I ordered a 2TB Sansung 870 EVO solid-state drive and a cloning cable from Amazon, and successfully ran the data migration software overnight last night, so I just need to swap out the drives sometime this weekend. This should hopefully speed things up a bit, and give me twice the storage space, too.

2tbssdaio.jpg

EDIT: Got the new drive swapped in on Sunday morning, wow, what a chore to get that all-in-one open, it was not user friendly at all. One huge metal shield under the back cover, with the motherboard and drives attached to it, and a bunch of cables to disconnect and remember where they all went. It took me over two hours to get it tore open, the drive swapped, and all put back together, but fortunately it all worked on the first try and it is a good bit more responsive now - Yay!

Last edited:
OMG a new Boris album!!! I have four on CD haven't listened to them in years, but they're a very cool band :)

Yeah, they (heavy) rock(s) [I deserve to be euthanized for this one], 30th anniversary album!

What you got, Pink, Smile, New Album? Flare off of New album is legit one of the best anime OPs ever - only it was never used as one, I think.

They're one of my favorite bands ever, for sure!

Few non anime pick ups. An Australian classic in Mad Dog Morgan LE from Indicator US and a blind buy with The Assassination Bureau from Imprint.
I just recently watched Mad Dog Morgan and it was surpringly good. I was expecting shlock but that it was not. Ordered a copy from amazon.co.uk but it's to been whether they get more copies or not.

Yasss!!! PS5 get, nice!!

Enjoy not having a farking jet engine on your room any longer if you had a PS4. I swear that was one of the main reasons why I got it ASAP.

Looking forward to the Last of Us rething in a couple of weeks.

Demon's Souls, Astro's Playroom and Ratchet & Clank are highly recommended. God of War and Last of Us 2 at 60 fps, too!

Back