UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ah the good old days of fretting over which version of Evangelion to get. I almost went for the UE but very glad I didn't lose to FOMO and got the CE instead. Frankly it's the best version.

I love the design of the Evangelion UE - which I don't have but it looks much nicer than the Wolf's Rain and Eureka Seven UEs which I've kept in the cardboard boxes just to keep the contents together. Those things are dust magnets!

Is it this coming week AL are having their summer sale?

I can remember seeing some posts about it at the start of the month mentioning some dates in August but can't remember what days

Yay, free international shipping! Although, I don't really have much I want to buy from AL right now, since I bought about £500 of Collector's Editions during their Christmas Sale. I'm not sure there are enough AL CE's left I'm wanting to get to go over the £100 threshold - and, I'm currently after four of the MVM Collector's Edition Early Birds for this month, so I might not have a lot of cash to work with.

For people like me who live outside of the UK the free international shipping for orders over £100 is actually really helpful since I am not having to spend £25 on shipping alone, I also know of no other companies that does this, I don't understand why more companies don't do this, especially ones like Rightstuf. I do have to wait until the sales before I buy any of ALs products but in the long run its worth it as I just wait and make one big order. Its why I like that MVM/Anime on line do £5 shipping since if I just want one item its not too much. Good to have both options.

Last edited:
For people like me who live outside of the UK the free international shipping for orders over £100 is actually really helpful since I am not having to spend £25 on shipping alone, I also know of no other companies that does this, I don't understand why more companies don't do this, especially ones like Rightstuf. I do have to wait until the sales before I buy any of ALs products but in the long run its worth it as I just wait and make one big order. Its why I like that MVM/Anime on line do £5 shipping since if I just want one item its not too much. Good to have both options.

Rightstuf doesn't do it because of manga mostly. Books are significantly heavier than anime the majority of the time and much lower priced, so you have far more of them in one large order comparatively. Manga are also lower margins compared to anime.

That adds up to a significantly higher shipping price which Righstuf doesn't want to cover.

Rightstuf doesn't do it because of manga mostly. Books are significantly heavier than anime the majority of the time and much lower priced, so you have far more of them in one large order comparatively. Manga are also lower margins compared to anime.

That adds up to a significantly higher shipping price which Righstuf doesn't want to cover.

one thing i noticed is recently they started excluding figures and ( some or all manga) from the free local shipping threshold ...

A nice little maybe sneak peak. As AL drop their August line up AL France dropped some of their October line up that "possibly" will line up with the UK 🤷‍♂️ (obvs not the one they don't have licence for)
Screenshot_20220802-174759_Facebook.jpg

I'm still naively hoping one of the movies will be Doan's Island. Though evidently they're only interested in franchise movies if it's a huge deal like One Piece.

Back