UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm looking forward to seeing Macross Plus.

Have the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series or "Do You Remember Love?" movie ever been released on DVD in the UK? Do I need to watch them before Macross Plus? Does Plus have spoilers for SDFM?

For many people, including myself, Macross Plus was their introduction to the franchise. I don't recall if there were any spoilers to SDFM or DYRL, but it isn't necessary to have seen those.

SDFM and DYRL were not released on DVD in the UK. DYRL was released on poorly subtitled and poorly English dubbed VHS tapes in the UK. Reminds me that I still need to get that subtitled VHS captured and uploaded to the Internet Archive someday.

Last edited:
Haha! Definitely the Blood-C Ultimate Delay set!

I like how it says "From" August 29, now - so it's sure to be delayed some more. This was originally due to be released in January, right? So 7 months out and counting. This is becoming way worse than the delays for anime figures, even... 😝

Last edited:
Amazon have a complete standard edition of Future Boy Conan listed for 25th July (at a quarter of the price of the UHD releases), but I don't see any mention of it on AL's site. Does anyone know if that listing is just a placeholder or if it's actually being released then?

I know AL said July 25th for Cardcaptor Sakura but AoL and Amazon both have it down for 2 weeks later on Aug 8th... could just be AL adding wiggle room though 🤷‍♂️

Amazon have a complete standard edition of Future Boy Conan listed for 25th July (at a quarter of the price of the UHD releases), but I don't see any mention of it on AL's site. Does anyone know if that listing is just a placeholder or if it's actually being released then?
Mentioned this a few weeks ago, seems AL aren't talking about it for some reason 🤷‍♂️
Also it's only £28 on AoL.

Last edited:
I know AL said July 25th for Cardcaptor Sakura but AoL and Amazon both have it down for 2 weeks later on Aug 8th... could just be AL adding wiggle room though 🤷‍♂️

From the delay update email...

For retailers outside of our own AllTheAnime.com store, we'll be updating the release date to August 8th to allow sufficient time for stock to be processed by other retailer facilities, but we remain confident that our stock will arrive in time for the updated 25th July date set for your order.

Mentioned this a few weeks ago, seems AL aren't taking about it for some reason 🤷‍♂️
Also it's only £28 on AoL.

I notice the details at the top of AoL's page claims it is 780 minutes, while the details at the bottom (of the same page) claim 390 minutes.

SDFM and DYRL were not released on DVD in the UK. DYRL was released on poorly subtitled and poorly English dubbed VHS tapes in the UK. Reminds me that I still need to get that subtitled VHS captured and uploaded to the Internet Archive someday.

Lol, Clash of the Bionoids was so bad! 😂

Re SDFM, we didn’t even get a full run of the Macross chapter of Robotech, Kiseki crapped out after 17/18 episodes. We never got anywhere near getting proper Macross.

You don’t need to watch SDFM or DYRL to enjoy Macross Plus, it works well as a stand-alone entry. The context of the earlier show and movie might enhance your understanding/appreciation by the tiniest smidgen but that’s about it.

Macross Plus looks and sounds stunning, it’s a great entry into the wider Macross universe.

Haha! Definitely the Blood-C Ultimate Delay set!

I like how it says "From" August 29, now - so it's sure to be delayed some more. This was originally due to be released in January, right? So 7 months out and counting. This is becoming way worse than the delays for anime figures, even... 😝
Not necessarily - Belle CE was "from 7th July" and that's shipping now.

But I do think that they need to stop this "out in 1-2 months" pre-order thing when they must be aware that there's zero chance of that happening. AL will always deliver in the end, so I get that people are fine paying for early birds, but for me it's unacceptable to take money upfront for CCS/Blood-C and then delay them for 6 months, later citing (in the case of CCS) how large an undertaking it is.

Give us realistic release dates then?

Not necessarily - Belle CE was "from 7th July" and that's shipping now.

But I do think that they need to stop this "out in 1-2 months" pre-order thing when they must be aware that there's zero chance of that happening. AL will always deliver in the end, so I get that people are fine paying for early birds, but for me it's unacceptable to take money upfront for CCS/Blood-C and then delay them for 6 months, later citing (in the case of CCS) how large an undertaking it is.

Give us realistic release dates then?
I think at this stage it's half unfortunate circumstances and half just taking too much on. I mean AL are so infamous for delays they literally made a crack about it on a mug a few years ago.

As someone who remembers the absolute wilderness years I admire their ambition to deliver so much to the UK but it often feels like they're focused on 10 projects rather than get 1 out the door. And after a certain point there's only so much that can be tolerated as fans and customers. This isn't a fanzine it's a professional business.

Back