Your viewing journal

A Couple of Cuckoos episode 1 Unlikely couple.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki episode 3 Getting along or else.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 episode 4 Something on your mind.

Shikimori’s not just a Cutie episode 3 Movie and family meal.

Spy x Family episode 3 Mock interview.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 4 episode 3 Mochi-less.

Cutey Honey “Re” OVAs 1-3 (Complete. An improvement on Flash and a return to an OVA format works fairly well here, as does Hideaki Anno’s direction.) 3.5/5

Cutey Honey Universe
episodes 1-12 (Complete. The most recent entry into the franchise and unfortunately one of the weaker ones. I found the action sequences stilted in places and wasn’t as engaged with the overall story as I was with New or Re.) 2.5/5

With that I’ve worked through the CH series and think that New Cutey Honey and Re Cutey Honey were the highlights.

Last edited:
Have finished my rewatches of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar (subbed) and Tokyo Godfathers (dubbed), was great to revisit both. The former is ridiculously cute with a well-handled arc for the MC and has that lovely vibe that a lot of JC Staff anime from around that time have, and the latter is a wonderful movie about love and family with interesting social commentary and commentary on religious holidays as well, it's true to what Christmas is supposed to be about in that it is a reminder to love and respect the outcasts of society :)

Have finished my rewatches of A Little Snow Fairy Sugar (subbed) and Tokyo Godfathers (dubbed), was great to revisit both. The former is ridiculously cute with a well-handled arc for the MC and has that lovely vibe that a lot of JC Staff anime from around that time have, and the latter is a wonderful movie about love and family with interesting social commentary and commentary on religious holidays as well, it's true to what Christmas is supposed to be about in that it is a reminder to love and respect the outcasts of society :)
I don't think I've watched Snow Fairy subbed. Maybe I should give it a go. Any excuse is good for me. :)

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 246 Fallen.

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! episode 3 Tainted mushroom.

Shenmue the Animation episode 12 To the top.

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs episode 4 Lost item.

Cyborg 009 (1979) episodes 1-18

On Episode 6 of The Demon Girl Next Door - I really enjoy Kimagure Orange Road but felt a bit daunted by its length so decided to watch a one cour series (though I know the second season has just started airing, but I do own the first season on BD) :) I really enjoy the dynamic between Shamiko and Momo and like that they feel more like characters than just walking tropes :)

Ranma 1/2 - Episode 91 - 92 (Blu-ray)

Episode 87 took me up to the end of season 4 and 92 completes the 4th boxset and I'm while I am still enjoying Ranma 1/2, and there hasn't been an episode that's failed to make me smile so far, it is getting very repetitive and I feel it's time to park it for a while and watch some other stuff as I have been itching to watch...

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 1 - 9 (Blu-ray)

I had been meaning to starting watching this much earlier this year after the arrival of Anime Ltd's gorgeous Ultimate Edition. This is my 7th watch of Evangelion and once I started it was hard not to just keep watching it. There is so much nuanced detail in the character and plot development that it's hard not to be completely absorbed by the show.

Episode 6 is one of my favourite episodes of the TV series and starts a really strong run of episodes, the minute of synchronised combat at the end of episode 9 is just incredible and just looks fantastic in HD.

Macross 7 - Episodes 34 & 35 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Only planned to watch the extras on my upgraded That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime (season 1) steelbook, but once the first disc was in, I felt it was incumbent on me to run through the whole lot. I should be thinking about pre-ordering series 2 about now, too.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 3
Teamwork and tag.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai ep 4
Esteemed fidgety rap.

CUE! ep 15
Forging your own path.

Kaguya-sama s3 e3
Scheming relative.

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 29 Tears for ten.

Healer Girl episode 4 Splatter.

Cyborg 009 (1979) episodes 19-31

Finished a re-watch of A Place Further Than The Universe (it was a self made custom bd remux with video and audio from the japanese bds and the best subtitles I could find) and found that I liked it even better than the first time I watched it. I'm baffled why it hasn't been released on bd or dvd outside of japan?

Last edited:
Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e3
Offerings.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life ep 4
Flarette.

Onipan! ep 2
First day at school.

The Demon Girl Next Door s2 e3 (dropped)
Connecting online.
I'm dropping this. It's just a bit too rapid fire and I'm not finding it that funny (or missing stuff because it's too rapid). There is supposed to be a bit of an overarching plot, but it was ignored in this episode, not that I'm that invested in it.

I’m quitting Heroing episode 4 Visage and vacating.

Tomodachi Game episode 4 Something you can’t understand.

Cyborg 009 (1979) episodes 32-44

Ascendance of a Bookworm S3-I'm so glad the powers that be decided to make more of this show, can't get enough of Main and her antics.

Back