Your viewing journal

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 6 Lashing out.

The Heike Story episode 9 Reunion.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 6 Cruelty.

Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Film) A story with potential but also one that would have worked better with a longer run time than it got - from what I’ve read there were troubles with production. 3/5

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
episodes 1-12

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 4

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 6 UTI.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 6 Traumatic.

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but from memory I think they're the avatars the main character and her love interest had in a previous game that they played together, the implication being that they'd met before and didn't know it.

Not the winged avatars from the earlier game, but "Lailah" & the girl ringing the door bell around 1:03 on the closing titles (
)

Aria-The Crepuscolo-I kinda missed out on this because I didn't know it had already been released! Anyway, this is the final Aria feature we'll ever see and it was excellent and it was truly a fitting capstone for the series.

SAKUGAN episode 6 Hack it.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 19 A little encouragement.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED episodes 13-30

Finished SDF Macross (ADV uncut dub) and I absolutely loved it from start to finish, an excellent classic 80s anime on a par with the likes of Maison Ikkoku and the dub was great. I particularly liked how there was
no hatred in the romantic rivalry between the two central female characters Minmay and Misa, it was really nice to see how little "girl hate" was on display in the series, and I'm glad Minmay managed to find some peace and the will to go on living in the end. I think this series was very progressive for its time in a lot of ways but without just being a series of hollow politically correct messages that are inserted with little sincerity in order to avoid losing money - I'm not anti-political correctness per se, I just mean that the creators of this series appear to have really believed in what they were doing.
I'm gonna try and watch some more 80s anime from my bucket list soon :)

Kurogane Communication (dubbed) - Engaging sci-fi series about a girl who is the last human on earth and her robot friends, I really enjoyed this and would recommend it, it reminded me a bit of Now and Then, Here and There (an amazing series) but far less depressing :)

Time Stranger/GoShogun the Time Etranger (US dub) - I like this English dub as well was interesting to see how it was different than the other one. I think I will rewatch this subbed as well at some point :)

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (Manga Entertainment uncut dub - I say uncut as there is also a "family friendly" version of this dub that I assume has less swearing, not that there's much swearing in this one to begin with lol) - Now I have the Discotek BD I'm rewatching this in both dub versions (I bought the Discotek BD because it has both dubs unlike the UK BD which only has the Streamline dub), I watched the UK dub (the first one I heard back when I got into anime) to start and it was really fun revisiting the film again, I am now watching it again with the Streamline dub which is great too. My fave dub voices in the Manga Entertainment dub are Jigen and Clarice :)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 1 - 5 (Blu-ray)

I've been picking up the Ranma 1/2 BD boxsets in various RightStuf sales over the last couple of years and completed the collection in the summer. I've seen the first series and two of the movies before but some time ago in the early 2010s but I want to work through the whole franchise in order. So far it is every bit as funny and entertaining as I remember it being.

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episode 6

AMAIM continues it's world building and It's good if not blowing me away at the moment. One thing observation is that this feels much more like a 'Sunrise' mecha show than Habara's Fafner when the studio was still Xebec.

Sakugan - Episode 6

I'm enjoying Sakugan a lot, it's a very entertaining show although I'm confused sometimes by what type of show it wants to be.

Have to say one of my favourite things about this thread is getting little glimpses of the depth of @Professor Irony and @Orgun 's knowledge of and love for 80s (and 90s?) anime. You two have a book in you that I would buy.

Thank you very much @Vashdaman, I don't profess to be an expert but just a long time enthusiast and I do appreciate your compliment :)

Funnily enough, I've been playing the original Saturn game with the help of a fan-translation lately and I'd been wondering about checking out the OVAs myself. I'll probably wait until I've finished the game first, but I've been thoroughly charmed by it so far - it has that same kind of light-hearted, knockabout energy as something like Slayers.

Yes, spot on Prof, it does have that same energy as Slayers.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 2

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 7 Festival.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 7 Mutual respect.

Selection Project Episode 7 Encouragement.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 7 Heavy burdens.

Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 7 Dress up.

Selection Project episode 7 Inspiration.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 6 Honesty.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED episodes 31-48 (Complete. An enjoyable Gundam outing overall though some plot aspects felt familiar and certain characters did little for me.) 3.5/5

Lupin III: Part VI episode 5 Strange world.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 7 End of the dream?

My Senpai is Annoying episode 6 A grandfather’s love.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 15 Trying their best.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 6 Tactics.

Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Film) Unfortunately for me both the story and characters here felt a bit thin and unremarkable, which let the film down despite some decent action scenes. 2.5/5

Monogatari Series First Season: Nisemonogatari
episodes 1-11 (Complete. Some questionable scenes aside this was a decent pair of arcs more focused on Araragi’s siblings.) 3.5/5

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!-Got my weekly dose of Jahy today, this has gotta be the funniest show of the season. Every time I watch it it puts a smile on my face.

Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (rewatch, Streamline dub) - I won't be revisiting this film for a while now so that it stays fresh for me, but it was fun watching it again with this dub. Still a wonderful classic with a spirited sense of adventure and fun characters, I like that the MCs aren't all wide-eyed kids like in most of Miyazaki's oeuvre :)

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 14

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 7 Launch.

Mieruko-chan Episode 7 Tunnel terrors.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 18 Homecoming.

Blue Period ep 6
Under Pressure.

My Senpai is Annoying ep 6
My grandfather is annoying!
LOL at gramps going to watch Your Name. to see how romance works these days 🤣

Mieruko-chan ep 7
Photo opportunity.

Back