UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It says Classic Dub/Sub but the list of screenings only contains Dub showings which is a tad confusing. Still the fact that these are dubbed makes me feel not so bad about having arranged to go to Edinbrugh for the SLA showing. (Even if that doesn't have a Death(True) screening).
Speaking of which, do we know which subtitles are going to be used at SLA?

2 minor issues.

1. AL said there would be a post movie Q and A. This lasted only 15 minutes and only really covered 2 or 3 questions. Feel it was kinda misadvertised.

2. This is on the venue (and me for choosing to attend) but I'm surprised how they packed us in despite COVID still being an issue. Most people wearing masks but I expected socially distanced seating which didn't happen.

Figured I'd chime in on these while passing through:

1. Sorry to hear that! Historically BFI question times during LFF tend to be about that long due to turnaround times for the next film. It's not the LFF's or our preference, but it's also not misadvertised as it was a Q+A with Mr Hosoda. We strive to tell people how long we'll have for a Q+A when we have control of the event - but film festivals that isn't always possible (especially one on the scale of BFI London Film Festival.)

2. Honestly - this is the itch now, there's no mandate on it so it's very much at the behest of the venue as opposed to us as a distributor what capacity looks like (even on the Scotland Loves Anime frontier). What we do though is listen and feedback audience feelings though so we'll note that in post event feedback as socially distanced seating in screens is still very much a hot button topic.

Best,

AP

According to the Scotland Loves Anime 2021 booklet, Looking for Magical Doremi, Pompo the Cinephile, Summer Ghost and Over the Sky will be showing across the UK as part of the Sheffield Loves Anime and We Love Anime tours on November 19th-21st and December 4th-5th, in addition to screenings of A Silent Voice, Cyber City Oedo 808 and Venus Wars at Sheffield Loves Anime.

I'm guess this means Summer Ghost has been licensed by Anime Limited.

Figured I'd chime in on these while passing through:

1. Sorry to hear that! Historically BFI question times during LFF tend to be about that long due to turnaround times for the next film. It's not the LFF's or our preference, but it's also not misadvertised as it was a Q+A with Mr Hosoda. We strive to tell people how long we'll have for a Q+A when we have control of the event - but film festivals that isn't always possible (especially one on the scale of BFI London Film Festival.)

2. Honestly - this is the itch now, there's no mandate on it so it's very much at the behest of the venue as opposed to us as a distributor what capacity looks like (even on the Scotland Loves Anime frontier). What we do though is listen and feedback audience feelings though so we'll note that in post event feedback as socially distanced seating in screens is still very much a hot button topic.

Best,

AP
Apologies if I sound too pointed on point 1. Looking at it with my reporter hat on and thinking how I'd get a story out of it (see/enjoy movie, review movie + get a Q&A article out of it too). I was just surprised it was such a short segment.

According to the Scotland Loves Anime 2021 booklet, Looking for Magical Doremi, Pompo the Cinephile, Summer Ghost and Over the Sky will be showing across the UK as part of the Sheffield Loves Anime and We Love Anime tours on November 19th-21st and December 4th-5th, in addition to screenings of A Silent Voice, Cyber City Oedo 808 and Venus Wars at Sheffield Loves Anime.

I'm guess this means Summer Ghost has been licensed by Anime Limited.
To be fair SLA has previously shown quite a few movies which they don't have the license. Even in the latest festival they've shown Funimation's Sing a Bit of Harmony and Knights of Sidonia. Best to wait until we hear something more concrete

To be fair SLA has previously shown quite a few movies which they don't have the license. Even in the latest festival they've shown Funimation's Sing a Bit of Harmony and Knights of Sidonia. Best to wait until we hear something more concrete

Very true, and a few things that have yet to get home video releases here. The only other distributer I can think of that might have licensed Summer Ghost is Funimation, since they do make the effort to give anime films theatrical runs.

I'm assuming standard editions will come of Josee The Tiger And The Fish, and Black Lagoon?

I'm swithering on whether to pre order or just hold out if cheaper sets will come later.

Back