UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Collector's undoubtedly now makes up a bigger percentage of the overall market, but in terms of pure numbers I wouldn't have thought it would sell more copies today than it would have (when it was put to me that it was a financially risky proposition) 5 years ago.

But, whatever the logic, I don't care - I'm just over the moon this is happening. Hopefully this is more of a sign that interest in anime history is on the rise.
Perhaps what helps it is the resurgence in nostalgia as well as people getting interested in these older titles. Since we've had quite a few old series revived from the dead with these releases, those doing it at least know more confidently that there is a market for them alongside the new titles.

Will Anime Limited at MCM Comic-Con next month as I'm planning on going and hoping they have a panel there?

Heya! We'll be doing online panels they'll be airing at MCM Comic Con but we'll not be there in person this year - little bit early for us to be returning to physical events as we're in the middle of an office move and a bunch of other big projects / factors. But there's something from us to look forward to at the event!

Andrew

@anime_andrew
Just a question regarding Love Live Superstar. Will the Chinese dialogue be translated for the Blu-ray release? As some of the comedy in the series comes from the characters not understanding Keke's occasional bursts of Chinese I think it'd be pretty nice to have a subtitle option that leaves the Chinese parts untranslated.

Without spoiling anything, there's one particular scene that would be ruined if Keke's Chinese dialogue was subtitled.
Oh yikes. There's been quite a few scenes so far that definitely would've come across better if Crunchyroll didn't translate it. Pretty bizarre choice since I recall the Japanese broadcast doesn't provide a translation.

@anime_andrew
Just a question regarding Love Live Superstar. Will the Chinese dialogue be translated for the Blu-ray release? As some of the comedy in the series comes from the characters not understanding Keke's occasional bursts of Chinese I think it'd be pretty nice to have a subtitle option that leaves the Chinese parts untranslated.

Usually if translated for the simulcast it'll definitely be there for the homevideo but will take a look into it. Running behind on my simulcasts this season now I'm done with Tokyo Revengers I confess so shall take a look (guessing from the question it is translated in those subs though).

Will see what the plan is for homevideo with everyone in English territories!

AP

Heya! We'll be doing online panels they'll be airing at MCM Comic Con but we'll not be there in person this year - little bit early for us to be returning to physical events as we're in the middle of an office move and a bunch of other big projects / factors. But there's something from us to look forward to at the event!

Andrew
I'll be more interested to know how they will deal with the dub....

Last thing they said was that they were just trying to square some things away before putting out a blog and were hoping for early this week.

If there were two titles I can think of being made available for early bird this month, it would be Lupin the Third Part V and...

At_This_Rate_Everything_Will_Burn.png

125 -> 79GBP. Nice deal, lol xD

So I'm now paying £121 more just for different packaging on the ultimate edition... Eek.
I'm going to mull this over, but I may well be switching my UE pre-order to the CE,

Back