The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

g1QLl3cl.png

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 has been greenlit.

OH MY GIRL! PARTY TIME

Sunrise has announced more IT'S A GUNDAM projects.

E_UO9poUYAQWwgY

The first is a brand new television series that isn't related to Build Fighters or Divers with Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury, scheduled for broadcast in 2022.

E_UPEBfVgAA4noU

Next is a very interesting one. A brand new theatrical film with Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island, which is a re-imagining of Episode 15 from Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, aka the episode that was removed from international release. Yoshikazu Yasuhiko will direct the film, which is scheduled for Japanese theaters in 2022.

E_UPHK5VUAQqcjx

Last but not least is a compilation special edition. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Special Edition will compile the TV series across 9 episodes sometime this Spring 2022. Also planned for that time period is the video game Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Urdr-Hunt coming to iOS, Android & PlayStation 5, as well as the smartphone game Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans G.

So is Macross just an Idol series feebly disguised as a mecha series? No wonder I get such bad vibes about it, lol.
Not really disguised no. Macross stands as one of the most influential franchises in the mecha genre and mixes it really well with the music and romance genres. I'd recommend it but you already seem pretty put off at the moment. Not a fan of one of those genres I take it?

Romance I do like, although I find romance in the majority of anime never really develops or goes anywhere, so is mostly a yawn-fest. And at the risk of getting more flak from repeating myself, but since I was asked directly, I'll just quickly say I'll run away screaming from any Idol anime, and giant mecha is not something I really go for at all, although I do like some of the newer mecha series like Aldnoah Zero and Kuromukuro.

Romance I do like, although I find romance in the majority of anime never really develops or goes anywhere, so is mostly a yawn-fest. And at the risk of getting more flak from repeating myself, but since I was asked directly, I'll just quickly say I'll run away screaming from any Idol anime, and giant mecha is not something I really go for at all, although I do like some of the newer mecha series like Aldnoah Zero and Kuromukuro.
Ah fair enough I didn't know that lol. I don't really keep good track of what genres people like so you're good. We all have our different taste and all that.

Back