UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

But will we ever get a localized release due to Netflix?
Neither Nozomi or AL has said if sunrise will let them distribute it (I assume it would have no dub if they are cos Netflix prices!, and ofc this import not having the dub even though NT and Origin did for the import sets).

I imported Gundam NT through them before... then ended up buying the official UK release for the matching packaging...

Since I've watched Hathaway on Netflix I'll wait for the eventual matching box...
Ah okay. Perhaps because I skipped many Gundam pre-order windows I hadn't noticed they also handled JP imports. I too will consider waiting for a UK release to match with the rest 🙌

CesCx1y.jpg
Oi ! Don't go posting pictures of me on a off day here 😉

£100 for an import that won't line up as OCD demands with AL's Gundam releases is probably too steep, regarding Hathaway, already having watched it 'n all. That's half an Evangelion square, without a dub or subbed extras, or even literally being half/a rectangle.

All the same, I must confess to my eyes lighting up over the OST being included if it's complete as that won't come with an AL release.

Last edited:
I think CDJAPAN is where I'll get the LE as I'm not interested the bonus stuff AL have with it.
Yeah, put an order in through CD Japan myself. I'm not that interested in the bonus items, it's about £25 cheaper, and I'll get it on release instead of having to wait a few weeks (and chance Christmas post) for AL to receive it, then ship it back out again.

Know some are unhappy the Hathaway set won't have the English dub but honestly? It's fine by me. I'm not a flat out dub hater but the current Gundam dubs have taken a high number of liberties with scripts, to the point often it's not even the same thing being said.

The funny thing about that is, regardless of whether I agree with that or not (I don't usually, not with Hathaway anyway :D) the dub script ended up being more accurate (and appropriate) to Hathaway then the Netflix subtitles. I'll wait for any potential release which should be much cheaper and have the English dub (sure it's Netflix probably but, without knowing the full process and details, AL did get access to the VE Eternity and Auto Memory Doll dub and that's possibly a post 2019 Netflix deal dub so it's likely not as big of a deal here).

Last edited:
The funny thing about that is, regardless of whether I agree with that or not (I don't usually, not with Hathaway anyway :D) the dub script ended up being more accurate (and appropriate) to Hathaway then the Netflix subtitles. I'll wait for any potential release which should be much cheaper and have the English dub (sure it's Netflix probably but, without knowing the full process and details, AL did get access to the VE Eternity and Auto Memory Doll dub and that's possibly a post 2019 Netflix deal dub so it's likely not as big of a deal here).
If it helps the Violet Evergarden films aren't considered 'Netflix Original' branded titles on the streaming service so that's probably one factor.

The subtitles on Netflix are identical to the ones on the 'theatrical edition' Blu-ray of Hathaway sold in Japan.

Back