Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

The discs will play fine for 99.999 percent of people with that packaging. The problem with the cardboard sleeve packaging however, is small scratches are pretty inevitable and whilst small scratches will likely not have any immediate impact on the playability of the discs, it probably means they wont live as long compared to discs that have better storage.

The discs will play fine for 99.999 percent of people with that packaging. The problem with the cardboard sleeve packaging however, is small scratches are pretty inevitable and whilst small scratches will likely not have any immediate impact on the playability of the discs, it probably means they wont live as long compared to discs that have better storage.
I'm increasingly unconvinced that any of the common storage types are good for optical discs in the long-term. The translucent plastic on amaray cases often 'sweats' a greasy film after a while, which I have to wipe off the play surface of discs sometimes. Matt black DVD cases don't seem to be affecting as much. Even steelbooks usually have a clear plastic inlay, so there's no getting away from it for blu-rays.

As for cardboard sleeves, it probably would scratch DVDs over time, but blu-rays should be less susceptible due to their scratch-resistant layer. That only applies to the play side of course; there's no extra protection on the label side. I think the main risk is just making sure that no off-cut fragments of cardboard get stuck to the play side, since that would likely play havoc with the lens.

81r%2BtCJnmfS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81TgQi3QDJS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

i was gonna say the Rosario cover was a bit lacking and then i looked up who published it in the US and if they used the same cover which they did and now it all makes sense
it was funimation all along

There was that listing on Zavvi a while back for a Robotech Blu-ray so I think it may get a release at some point. Hopefully this is Funimation waiting for a more appropriate time to announce it when they're more confident in a UK release date.
Maybe but the article is for the US release, what they do for UK may well be different.

Back