UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Still some good deals like Damachi 2 for £8.

I'd argue what is the point of a HD produced anime to be watched on DVD when it would be better PQ streamed. I usually would use the ownership vs streaming argument against such a claim, but when the online option is literally a superior product to a DVD I question the reason for the product existing

I'd argue what is the point of a HD produced anime to be watched on DVD when it would be better PQ streamed. I usually would use the ownership vs streaming argument against such a claim, but when the online option is literally a superior product to a DVD I question the reason for the product existing
I know a guy irl who watches VHS, most people don't care about stuff like that.

I've been after BTOOOM! for ages. It was in a Christmas sale a few years ago and I missed it - and I've never seen it as a DOTW either. I'm very happy getting it for £4!

MVM are running a clearance sale over at AOL

Flowers of Evil for £4? Don't mind if I do. I would have preferred it on blu-ray, but the US release is long out of print and goes for a depressing amount.

Streaming licences don't last forever. Of course, neither do discs.

I know a guy irl who watches VHS, most people don't care about stuff like that.
Yeah, I think it probably shouldn’t be underestimated how many people really aren’t that bothered (or that wealthy) that they care that much about PQ. Obviously being a fan forum, people here are more likely to want the best quality, but how else do we explain the fact that any given HMV’s anime DVD section is still about twice the size of the blu-ray section?

I feel much the same way about 4k for most things, honestly. Unless it’s something which is visually stunning or an absolute favourite of mine I feel no need to upgrade from blu-ray or in many cases (comedies, for example, where cinematography is not the main draw) even upgrade from DVD. It doesn’t surprise me that there are plenty of people who feel the same way about anime.

Not a blu ray or DVD!!!!
But I know quite a few people collect the more 'cultered' manga series and thought I'd share before someone realises they messed up 🧐
Random volume but Amazon has Destiny Lovers vol. 4 for £2.12 which is ridiculous!
Volume 2 is £7.21 also a bargain.

Not a blu ray or DVD!!!!
But I know quite a few people collect the more 'cultered' manga series and thought I'd share before someone realises they messed up 🧐
Random volume but Amazon has Destiny Lovers vol. 4 for £2.12 which is ridiculous!
Volume 2 is £7.21 also a bargain.
I ordered that last night and it has dispatched (will arrive Tuesday due to bank holiday on Monday). Very handy since I want to keep the Seven Seas/Ghost Ship books as close to up-to-date as possible (and not to mention Destiny Lovers Part 1 English books wraps up this October/November with Vol. 8).

I ordered that last night and it has dispatched (will arrive Tuesday due to bank holiday on Monday). Very handy since I want to keep the Seven Seas/Ghost Ship books as close to up-to-date as possible (and not to mention Destiny Lovers Part 1 English books wraps up this October/November with Vol. 8).
I'm still trying to get vol 1 without selling a kidney but have 2, 3 and now 4 which for should be here later today (amazon don't care about Bank Holidays!)

I'm still trying to get vol 1 without selling a kidney but have 2, 3 and now 4 which for should be here later today (amazon don't care about Bank Holidays!)
Yeah, How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift Vol. 1 is also in a similar situation (both were released in the same timeframe). The issue is that Dumbbells had its first three volumes deleted by Amazon so it's much harder to locate.

Yeah, How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift Vol. 1 is also in a similar situation (both were released in the same timeframe). The issue is that Dumbbells had its first three volumes deleted by Amazon so it's much harder to locate.
Is volume 1 that hard to find or something?
Cos I went to Forbidden Planet the other day and randomly bought this volume as part of their 'Buy 3 for 2' offer (because they don't have a particular volume of a different manga I wanted).

Best bet is to check Forbidden Planet or other bookstore like Waterstones maybe?

Is volume 1 that hard to find or something?
Cos I went to Forbidden Planet the other day and randomly bought this volume as part of their 'Buy 3 for 2' offer (because they don't have a particular volume of a different manga I wanted).

Best bet is to check Forbidden Planet or other bookstore like Waterstones maybe?
It's just out of stock in the UK. I don't have a local Forbidden Planet and stores like Waterstones are usually useless unless its a Viz title.

I have been doing a lot of manga purchases of certain series that has a low print run or something or certain volumes that is nearly sold out such as:
Magika Summoner (got all volumes now but volumes 5 and 11 were the hardest to find but managed to get them at a low price)

Omamori Himari (got the remaining volumes I needed from a unexpected source: Oxfam)

Ranma 1/2 2 in 1 volume 1: this one I bought recently but my last copy has a printing error where the 1st chapter has been printed again instead of final chapter of volume. Now got a correct copy. This volume is kinda hard to find w/o high prices.

Back