UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

That's an American corporation for ya, tone deaf. But I have no faith in the UK public to take necessary precautions either. I'm in no hurry to see this so I'll wait for the AoA release probably

Glad to be one of the few sticking with a potential UK release no doubt at a cheaper price 😛
Normally I do wherever possible barring 3 exceptions. Fate and Monogatari as they are some of my favorites and I want the CE's we miss out on though I do feel bad for MVM knowing what I am doing. And this singular movie that Funi/Manga swiped for a release I have no faith in and don't feel any remorse for at all knowing what I am doing. :p

Yes, I order from them all the time and never had any problems.
Thanks for the feedback. I am tempted now.

I’m 24 and it’s not the fact I could get Ill it’s the fact I could give it to my 64 yo asthmatic mother, a vaccine isn’t 100% so no I won’t be going.
No one is being forced but that doesn’t make it imo less irresponsible.
Finally wearing a mask for 2 hrs isn’t very fun so no thanks soz Demon Slayer and even marvel come later in the year.

I’m 24 and it’s not the fact I could get Ill it’s the fact I could give it to my 64 yo asthmatic mother, a vaccine isn’t 100% so no I won’t be going.
If she hasn't been vaccinated, fair enough, that sounds like a responsible decision on your part. If she has been, the level of risk is not going to change in May, June, July or any time going forwards because Covid is with us now, forever. There isn't a 100% chance any of us will survive the next time we cross the road. If you think it's irresponsible, blame the government. I don't see how Funi is to blame here.

You're not wrong about the masks though, I don't fancy that either, I doubt I'll be going to the cinema as long as masks remain mandatory (unless I print off one of those exemption badges that anyone can obtain and no-one is legally allowed to ask the reason for, which is what I'll be doing if this carries on much longer).

Last edited:
I think they should have least waited a month it feels like they’ve saw what dates cinemas will be open whole of UK and rushed to put it in.
I mean if Disney thought with black widow hold on we need the hybrid approach so should have Sony with this as in America they at least got a date for digital yes it’s not till June but we we didn’t even get that.

i'll be waiting till later, not taking the risk. But I won't be importing the AoJ release (no dub, non starter) or the AoA release (possibly geolocked too) simply because the likely UK release will be massively cheaper. I would like to go, but not at this time.

I went to the Akira IMAX last year and it was weird with masks. I'm assuming they'll have the same measures in place as well, which will restrict tickets so I wonder if there will be more than one showing?
I might have my first jab by then as well as I'm in the next bracket to be offered it.

Back