UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Silver Spoon S2

I was considering both the MSG Origin but I keep finding mixed replies if I should:

Watch the 6 part OVA first
Watch the Origin TV series ver. rather than OVA as I've not seen any MSG before
Watch 0079 first as I've not seen any MSG before

Silver Spoon S2

I was considering both the MSG Origin but I keep finding mixed replies if I should:

I'd say the 6-episode OVA version of Origin is more enjoyable as the story was paced as six volumes of the manga. You can watch it either before or after 0079 but if you are planning to watch it anyway I'd start with 0079 to avoid spoiling some twists. You can also watch the movie trilogy instead which is very good and slightly better than the TV version in my opinion. I guess you can also do it like in the origin manga and watch the first 0079 movie, then the Origin as a flashback, and then the other two movies. So basically, the point I'm trying to make is that the order doesn't really matter that much lol

For anyone completely new to the UC I’d say watch the 0079 movies first. Then do Origin any time after that. While I still love the original MSG TV series I can see it being a bit of a drag as an introduction, but ymmv depending how much you enjoy anime of that era. The movies condense it and the 0079 story is pretty vital to understanding everything that directly follows on from it (Zeta, ZZ, CCA).

Will this sale run concurrently with pre-orders for Gundam Seed? I'm international so I'd like to combine everything into one order to save myself the shipping cost. This sale runs until the 9th, the same day pre-orders go up for Seed.

Well, got persuaded to finally move on Fullmetal Alchemist. That price with that many episodes? How could I say no.

I'd really recommend both anime versions of FMA so I think you made a great choice (it's about £50 in the sale, correct?) Funnily enough I bought the 2003 anime on Blu-ray for about £70 at Xmas in AL's sale then got Brotherhood for £12 (£11 something pence actually) in the same month (from MusicMagpie)! The cardboard case was beat up on Brotherhood as I was expecting at that price but there was nothing wrong with the plastic cases or discs so I'm fine with it lol XP

I'd really recommend both anime versions of FMA so I think you made a great choice (it's about £50 in the sale, correct?) Funnily enough I bought the 2003 anime on Blu-ray for about £70 at Xmas in AL's sale then got Brotherhood for £12 (£11 something pence actually) in the same month (from MusicMagpie)! The cardboard case was beat up on Brotherhood as I was expecting at that price but there was nothing wrong with the plastic cases or discs so I'm fine with it lol XP

I luckily already had Brotherhood from ages back, so old it's got those old super thin plastic cases. But passed on the original a while back since I was never sure whether it would be worth it or not. But the price, you guessed correct, was too tempting to pass up when it's that price for 52 episodes. Plus it does diverge from Brotherhood as the first anime of the series, though I have yet to know at which point it does diverge, so there is benefit in having both.

I can't spot a difference between ours and Japan so seems like they've done a good job. Subtitle font looks like an improvement on the botched discs too.

Can't wait to get mine!

Back