UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I think I've been really lucky as I only started watching it recently, so I had like 100 episodes to watch (some longer like Kizu films, some shorter like the Koyomi ones).

It was a bit daunting at first having so many, but I realised after I watched them all that it was so good not having to wait for new arc releases as I went along! I can safely say I'd watch more Monogatari if they made more with the same quality.
I had the same luxury so definitely helped appreciate it better by not forgetting the winding and non-chronological telling of the story in between seasons. A few similar examples in my case: first is re:zero now, which I will definitely have to watch all over again in the end to pick up all the things forgotten and missed; second is attack on Titan which I stopped bothering to watch after the first season, until just now with the final season starting and appreciate it much more as a result.

It’s a spin-off and if I couldn’t own them all I wouldn’t. I think it’s crap Sherlock Holmes rip off the final arc drags and only because I like waver is why I bought it. But FGO bab makes it look like a masterpiece

With the news of the 3 remaining (for this time) Monogatari titles, plus the new announcement of Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note, all of which are Aniplex of America titles, this gives me hope that Dreaming Girl would get a UK release (hopefully in a Collector's Edition release to match my Bunny Girl Senpai set).

It’s a spin-off and if I couldn’t own them all I wouldn’t. I think it’s crap Sherlock Holmes rip off the final arc drags and only because I like waver is why I bought it. But FGO bab makes it look like a masterpiece
Ok

1) I don't think you have read Sherlock Holmes. It's a very different series of mystery stories to what El-Melloi tries to do.
2) It's fine if you didn't like El-Meloi II but I strongly disagree with your take that it dragged.
3) FGO is actually regarded as one of Nasu's best works but the anime was missing a lot of context (which hopefully Solomon brings).

Bonus: Fate/Extra is not only a spin off as well but has less relevance than El-Melloi fyi

Last edited:
I'm sure it's wrong as I can't read Japanese, but I'm gonna guess that says "itadakimasu"?
Since "Bakemonogatari" was a big hit, we have prioritized the visualization of the "Monogatari" series, but from 5 years, the OVA conversion of the principal image "Kubikiri Cycle" began.
The remaining off-season animation while running "Kubikiri" in parallel, meetings for other works have begun. Nishio, a prolific quick brush, currently has 10 novel series. Many original works are still waiting for visualisation.

The red section, roughly translates to, ”Animation of the Off Season in progress.”

I'll leave this discussion here as I should probably refrain from going off topic on this MVM discussion thread.

Last edited:
The more people tell me They adapted Nasu’s best work the more I hate it it’s not for fans of the mobile game it’s meant to be universal the fact only fans of the mobile game seem to like shows to me it failed as an adaption, yes I used sherlock as a catch all for mystery but it failed none were engaging bar maybe the first one but that’s probs due to its link to FZ, “faker” was very irrating and waver wanting to go in the fifth war has no weight due to the fact he isn’t there so we know he doesn’t go into it.
Also if they don’t adapt FHA which is all I want Lord El Meloi is pointless anyway as he only connects to the plot of FSN when Rin goes to clock tower in that and then dismantles the grail with his help.
I don’t hate them it’s just when HF is there being amazing it’s hard to recommend these that’s all.

Last edited:
Back