UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

@MVM , what can be done for orders made in 2020, but only shipped in 2021 like was the case for Dr. Stone which shipped this week?

As it stands now, it probably will get hit with custom charges and I’ll have paid VAT twice that way.

I don't really understand what you mean, but are you saying that this is just temporary?
Exactly

Loads of foreign retailers have stopped selling to the UK, because the UK now demands that they collect UK VAT at point of sale in their countries and submit it to HMRC, so HMRC doesn't have to do any of the work.

This an EU rule. It's okay for 27 countries to trade among themselves without these tax rules, and tell everyone else to collect EU tax at point of sale, but even still, the EU has deferred introducing the change for six months, probably cos of Covid. The UK had no choice but to do it as Boris hasn't recruited any of the 30,000 customs staff the UK now needs to deal with trade and extra red tape.

Exactly

Loads of foreign retailers have stopped selling to the UK, because the UK now demands that they collect UK VAT at point of sale in their countries and submit it to HMRC, so HMRC doesn't have to do any of the work.

This an EU rule. It's okay for 27 countries to trade among themselves without these tax rules, and tell everyone else to collect EU tax at point of sale, but even still, the EU has deferred introducing the change for six months, probably cos of Covid. The UK had no choice but to do it as Boris hasn't recruited any of the 30,000 customs staff the UK now needs to deal with trade and extra red tape.
So hopefully in the end if everything goes well, for example if I buy something on MVM I will pay the EU VAT straight away and then I won't have to pay all the fees etc. when it gets here? Sorry but it's so confusing to me 😂

From what I can tell, MVM will either charge EU VAT like amazon uk already does, or they will have to stop exporting.

I sure hope they don't stop.

Is it not possible to buy a blu-ray copy of Another?

DVD seems to be readily available but the blu ray is sold out wherever I can see it.
I assume it exists as there are pages for it on CEX and Amazon, however there is nothing on AOL strangely.

Is it not possible to buy a blu-ray copy of Another?

DVD seems to be readily available but the blu ray is sold out wherever I can see it.
I assume it exists as there are pages for it on CEX and Amazon, however there is nothing on AOL strangely.
The rights to Another are (or have been) expiring and it's the same in the US also. I do think the series will come back so there's no harm being patient holding off for a short while.

It does feel like Amaray cases are more fragile now a days. I bought bulk of empty cases of various sizes and disc quantities a while ago, as they often have cracks especially with international imports.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask so I'll take a try since it's the company most likely to be associated with it.
Has anyone heard any news whether there will be UK releases of any of the newer Fate series titles? Obviously I expect Heaven's Feel will show up eventually when we got the first two, but I know Extra was skipped and for Aprocypha or however you spell that we got standard releases.
Has there been anything said on Babylonia or Case Files? I've given up on Extra as it's been a long time now but those two are still new, close to their US release dates, so figured it was worth checking.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask so I'll take a try since it's the company most likely to be associated with it.
Has anyone heard any news whether there will be UK releases of any of the newer Fate series titles? Obviously I expect Heaven's Feel will show up eventually when we got the first two, but I know Extra was skipped and for Aprocypha or however you spell that we got standard releases.
Has there been anything said on Babylonia or Case Files? I've given up on Extra as it's been a long time now but those two are still new, close to their US release dates, so figured it was worth checking.

It's probably down to whether Aniplex wants to license it to MVM probably. MVM didn't announce anything regarding any of those titles (yet?) sadly.

Back