What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I think I'm right in thinking that this is the final volume of Knights of Sidonia so soon I'll actually start reading it at last! I've read Blame! and Abara in these large page size editions and I love them so really looking forward to this!

1605264127466515176005343002368.jpg

Edit: incidentally I bought KoS off of abebooks.co.uk it appears to be a market place for independent book sellers. This was bought from GreatBookPricesUK and came to just under 19 quid with postage included. It's my first time using the site and has gone well.
For those who like to buy books/manga this site may be another resource.

Och, nice. KoS it's very nice manga. I really like of Nihei work. Did you read NOiSE? It's prequel of Blame. I'm waiting for Biomega in my country ;)
No I dont think NOiSE has ever had an English release. I may be wrong though. Biomega was the first of his stuff I read. It's so good. If they do Master Editions for it I'll definitely get them!

zxbYRCOh.jpg

Today I have received Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs volumes 7 & 8. Not completely up-to-date but it does mean I have secured the volumes released in 2019 so it's at a decent point in progress.

As some users probably pointed out a while ago, Blackwells had Yuuna Volume 7 in a weird listing which could confuse the staff by sending out volume 6 instead so I didn't want to take that risk, and therefore I acquired the books from Wordery for a change. Wordery's eBay store had a "Buy 1, Get 5% off" offer and the pricing was a little more than Blackwells but to my surprise the speed of the shipping felt pretty insane.

M9OTI9mh.jpg

Ordered on Tuesday 10th, shipped early Wednesday 11th with Royal Mail tracking, and arrived today. That just feels weird because I've gotten used to Blackwells slow speed. What surprised me more is that Wordery did have both volumes shipped in one package (like Amazon and MVM, they used cardboard packaging) rather than split up.

So yeah, a random ramble. Might help other manga readers who need catching up.

3P6iYAl.png

I have a Google Sheets spreadsheet that goes over my manga progress. It sounds insane but the idea of this setup is that I can track the amount of volumes as well as when they were released. Sometimes it's more helpful in decisions taking note of which volume is older so you can decide whether or not you should get them now or later. Green is acquired, Blue is hybrid of acquired or not acquired, Yellow is not acquired, Red is series has finished serialising and fully released in English.

Back