[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Discotek Media reveals November 2020 line-up ahead of its 14th Sept (15th Sept 2am UK time) twitch panel.

Titles coming 24th November are:

Big Order
Audio: Japanese
Format: Blu-ray
SRP: $39.95
Episodes: 1-10 & OVA
Note: Crunchyroll license

Dancouga
SRP: $79.95
Episodes: 1-38, The Requiem for Victims OVA, and Blazing Epilogue

Hanasakeru Seishonen
SRP: $59.95
Episodes: 1-39

Lupin The 3rd: The Secret Of Twilight Gemini
Audio: Japanese, English Dub
SRP: $24.95

Osamu Tezuka's A Thousand And One Nights
Audio: Japanese, International Long-Lost English Dub
SRP: $24.95

RetroCrush have announced a paid subscription plan currently set at $4.99 a month, allowing patrons ad-free streams, with a one-month free trial available. Titles containing 'mature content' are also now behind the pay wall, although at present this only applies to Wicked City, Demon Lord Dante, Goku Midnight Eye, Angel Cop and Violence Jack.

Last edited:
Sentai have acquired 7SEEDS (which was to be expected because Sentai dubbed the series) but also the Ajin: Demi-Human OVAs that were originally exclusive to the Japanese 8th to 10th manga volumes. Both are scheduled for Winter 2021.

u23XXmah.jpg

Funimation is also doing theatrical releases of the AKIRA 4K version.

Funimation has confirmed they will release Violet Evergarden for home video in the US & Canada on Blu-ray & DVD combo pack. All 13 episodes in dubbed and subbed, however the blog post does not confirm whether or not they have the extended cut.

8tRuW0jh.jpg

A limited edition has been revealed which includes a rigid box (sideways like ARIFURETA), 4 art cards, 200 page art book and sticker sheet.

From the Discotek stream

Eh7M5fLUYAE1vZ_

Eh, I always get excited for these Discotek announcements even though they rarely announce anything I'm interested in and this time is no exception. I think I'll be grey, if not six feet under, by the time there are subtitled releases for Hakujaden, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, Heidi, Anne of Green Gables, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, Zambot 3, Angel's Egg, Future Boy Conan, Gunbuster, Berserk ....

Unless they specifically wanted a Discotek release, Gunbuster has also seen a Blu-ray release
I believe Yami is referring to the original OVA series rather than the Get to the Top! GATTAI!! movie compilation versions that were more readily available. Music licensing issues I believe are the reason why the Gunbuster OVA series never saw a re-release.

Funimation December 2020:

Ace Attorney Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
SRP: $69.98
Release Date: 15th December

Akira (4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray)
SRP: $59.98
Release Date: 22nd December

Angel of Death (Blu-ray)
Essentials SRP: $29.98
Release Date: 1st December

Black Clover Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
SRP: $84.98
Release Date: 8th December

Case File No221 Kabukicho Part 1 (Blu-ray)
SRP: $64.98
Release Date: 29th December

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill (Blu-ray)
Essentials SRP: $29.98

Dragon Ball Z Season 4 (Blu-ray)
Limited Edition Steelbook SRP: $59.98

Dragon Ball Z Season 5 (Blu-ray)
Limited Edition Steelbook SRP: $59.98

Dr. STONE Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD)
Limited Edition SRP: $84.98 / Standard Edition SRP: $64.98
LE contents: Rigid Box, slot available to include Part 1, 152-page art book featuring talks with the series' science advisor, cast interviews, and Senku's notes & more, 3 character keychains, exclusive art cards and stickers.

Fairy Tail Final Season Part 3 [Fairy Tail Part 25] (Blu-ray & DVD)
SRP: $54.98
Release Date: 22nd December

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Blu-ray)
Classics SRP: $49.98
Release Date: 29th December

Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray & DVD)
Limited Edition Steelbook SRP: $59.98 / Standard Edition SRP: $49.98

Violet Evergarden (Blu-ray & DVD)
Limited Edition SRP: $84.98 / Standard Edition SRP: $64.98
LE contents: Rigid Box (like ARIFURETA), slot available to include Violet Evergarden I: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll, 4 art cards, a 200 page art book and sticker sheet.
Note: OVA Special & Extended Version of select episodes are NOT included in this release.

Violet Evergarden I: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (Blu-ray & DVD)
SRP: $34.98

Last edited:
hoping for Double Decker and Angels of Death in that lot of stuff that Manga still has to announce, tho at this point i should probably just start importing these essential releases because they're gonna be cheaper and i don't have to worry about having to choose shonen or isekai

Sentai December 2020:

(Note: No limited editions for this line-up)

7 SEEDS: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Audio: English, Japanese
Extras: Clean Opening Animations; Clean Closing Animations

Ahiru no Sora: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
SRP: $89.98
Extras: TBD

Ajin: Demi-Human: OAD Collection (Blu-ray)
SRP: $29.98
Extras: TBD

Chidori RSC (Blu-ray)
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation; Nationals are Right Before Us (Episode 7.5, sub only), Japanese Promos

The Garden of Words (Blu-ray re-release)
SRP: $29.98
Audio: English, Japanese, Spanish
Extras: Interviews; Storyboards; English Production Stills; Garden of Words Japanese Trailer; The Works of Makoto Shinkai; Japanese Commentary with English Subtitles; English Commentary

Outburst Dreamer Boys (Blu-ray)
SRP: $59.98
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation; Japanese Promos (x2)

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (Blu-ray re-release)
SRP: $49.98
Extras: Clean Opening Animations (x2), Clean Closing Animation

Dynit have held a livestream and have announced that they will be releasing Neon Genesis Evangelion in Italy next year, with cinema screenings of Death(true)2 and End of Evangelion this December. They will also be releasing Future Boy Conan next year, which will be it's first release outside of Japan. (Unless a UK/US label beats them to it? Ha! I can dream...)

Back