The Promised Neverland
Ride Your Wave
Millennium Actress
Children of the Sea
Gundam SEED

Some people: Complaining they wouldn't spend £100+ on a Gundam SEED boxset

Me:
4zL9ylg.jpg

They haven’t even shown the set design and at this point I’m 99% going with the US set for the A4 book as Andrew confirmed it won’t be A4 here (and all my other UCEs will be american because they are only in America so it makes sense from that aspect too)

They haven’t even shown the set design and at this point I’m 99% going with the US set for the A4 book as Andrew confirmed it won’t be A4 here (and all my other UCEs will be american because they are only in America so it makes sense from that aspect too)
I'm happy to support the UK releases but I will admit I'm kind of annoyed with the Gundam Collection aesthetic. It works great when the assets/care are there with the likes of 0079 and Wing. But a lot of the time it feels like random art assets slapped on a collector's box and the rest that weren't used go in the booklet.

I have the US 00 set and although I don't currently have a US coded player, the set itself feels impressive. It feels like a celebration of the show and its unique identity, which to me a boxset should. Happy as I am to have the UK discs I can watch, the packaging just isn't as impressive or fitting in my opinion.

Don’t worry, I didn’t for a second think you’d be buying the UK release. You don’t need to justify your purchasing decisions.

0079’s box still impressed me now. But IBO is just Two seasons key arts slapped on and looks a bit crap. So I will be honest the “following the UK Gundam collection style” is another reason because that style is inconsistent in general and I would need a get a bookcase just for all the Gundams and until I own a house maybe in 30 years that’s not possible.

I'm happy to support the UK releases but I will admit I'm kind of annoyed with the Gundam Collection aesthetic. It works great when the assets/care are there with the likes of 0079 and Wing. But a lot of the time it feels like random art assets slapped on a collector's box and the rest that weren't used go in the booklet.

I have the US 00 set and although I don't currently have a US coded player, the set itself feels impressive. It feels like a celebration of the show and its unique identity, which to me a boxset should. Happy as I am to have the UK discs I can watch, the packaging just isn't as impressive or fitting in my opinion.

That original Mobile Suit Gundam box is still one of the best looking blu-ray sets I've ever seen. A little weird that Cucuruz Doan is on it given that his episode isn't included but oh well.

Back