The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

For anyone who’s been watching the recent Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime adaptation, how does it stack up against the 80s to 90s series?

For anyone who’s been watching the recent Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime adaptation, how does it stack up against the 80s to 90s series?
It’s much more faithful to the novel than the original. The animation for the fleet battles is great. If you like the original then I see no reason why you won’t like Die Neue These.

Hey all, probably the wrong thread for this but, any idea if there’s any websites which have anime backgrounds please? I have a Cowboy Bebop cel from the graveyard scene with Julia and I’d like to print it off if I could find a copy of just the graveyard image.
I asked in a cel group and they didn’t read my request properly, some guy said if I find the background he’d print it for $10 plus postage when the issue is locating the background, not printing it lol.

Questions about Sound of the Sky, Beez-Release, EAN 3760192330374
  • is this a "Digibook" / "Mediabook" (booklet glued to packaging)?
  • does it feature german subtitles? (like most other Beez DVDs)

So Crunchyroll is doing my head in now and I was thinking of switching back to Funimation. I've not used it since 2016 so I was wondering if the PS4 app is actually usable these days and does it buffer as much as it used to?

So Crunchyroll is doing my head in now and I was thinking of switching back to Funimation. I've not used it since 2016 so I was wondering if the PS4 app is actually usable these days and does it buffer as much as it used to?

The PS4 app is still pretty terrible

The PS4 app is still pretty terrible
I can second this. Tried watching Take on Me! the other day and it just kept getting stuck at the 10 minute mark despite my internet working fine with other streaming services. The Crunchyroll App is also hit and miss for me sadly. I sometimes just use the iPad Apps for both instead.

I can second this. Tried watching Take on Me! the other day and it just kept getting stuck at the 10 minute mark despite my internet working fine with other streaming services. The Crunchyroll App is also hit and miss for me sadly. I sometimes just use the iPad Apps for both instead.

They’re both pretty stable on Apple TV, but Crunchyroll is certainly becoming worse on everything else (including their web player!), while Funimation just can’t seem to even get started at being decent...

I never have any issues with CR ps4 app besides the low quality when you start a new episode. Not paying £80 though, ridiculous.

Tried a month free trial of Funimation last year and it was completely broken, useless.

I never have any issues with CR ps4 app besides the low quality when you start a new episode. Not paying £80 though, ridiculous.

Tried a month free trial of Funimation last year and it was completely broken, useless.
Just to note the price isn't going up to £80. That was just poor communication on their part (as usual). The usual price will stay the same.

Back