Your viewing journal

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 18 Cardcaptor Makoto.

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 6 Wouldn’t be a wacky race without some sabotage.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 13 A decent conclusion to an okay series. (Complete. I feel this is a series that would benefit more from being watched in one or two sittings as opposed to weekly as I found my interest waning and lapsing in and out throughout. One to potentially rewatch one day.) 2.5/5

Fire Force Season 2
episode 30 Frustrated resolve.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 5 Observe and meddle?

K-ON! (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 & bonus episodes (Complete. As good a series as ever with a sense of fun and likability running throughout. The OPs and EDs were discussed recently for the series and they’re certainly well made.) 4.5/5

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 16

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 18

Fire Force 2nd Season Episode 30 Discouraged, yet resolute.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 6 Christmas in summer.

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 5 Realization and Hot Springs.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 5 Watch and Pry.

Brand New Animal ep6-7

Felt a little bad for wandering away from this, so I decided to give it another try, but I think I'm done with it. You could read a lot into it as a progressive societal metaphor, but as a straightforward piece of entertainment, it's just not for me.

Steins;Gate ep17-19

Jesus wept, that went some places.

Lupin III: Part 2 ep8-9

Watching Part 2 on the old Geneon discs, I found the series very hit and miss, but going through it this time, it feels like I'm enjoying it more. Not sure if it was just that I kept getting bad episodes before or if it's just easier to appreciate, once you know what to expect from it.

Fire Force s2 e6
A decision made and an investigation begun. Always a little odd when they end one arc and then start another halfway through an episode.

Rent-A-Girlfriend ep 5
End of summer and onsen. Same thing happened with this episode!

APPARE-RANMAN ep 6
Stop over and a cunning plan.

Balance: UNLIMITED ep 4
No money, no problem.

No Guns Life s2 e5
Man with a naked ambition.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 6
Haunted house.

SAO Alicization: War of Underworld s2 e5
Tiss but a scratch.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 6 Humorous hauntings.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episode 6 Parental support and erased memories.

K-ON!! (Rewatch) episodes 1-14, OVA

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 6 Doll house.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 5 Little Miss Piggy.

Super HxEros (Uncensored) Episode 6 Body swap and regression.

Sword Art Online Alicization –War of Underworld– Episode 17 Unyeilding resolve.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 6 The tournament begins.

Owarimonogatari episodes 7-13 (End)
Shinobu Mail had a bit of a weak start but ended on a high note. So far Owarimonogatari's been one of the best parts of the series owing to its strong start with Sodachi's arc and further development of Shinobu in her titular arc. Now to wait for MVM to release the next part...

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO~OHMORI~ episodes 13-14

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 17 (Part 2 Ep. 5)

CosmIc Devil Daikengo 11 - 26 (End)
Gungrave 9 - 26 (End)

Hoping to record in a few weeks for Daikengo on Retro Mecha Podcast so anyone who cares to hear our views on that can listen when the ep is out :)

Gungrave is still a lot of fun after all these years and the characters are great. The story feels quite well planned and parts of it have a nice symmetery to them. As someone said previously a lot of the characters including the villains (If you can really call them that due to the morally grey nature of the story) have great mini-arcs that have good payoffs. Also I feel that Mika is portrayed quite well, she could have easily been a fairly bland character but I think her voice actress does a good job in imbuing her with both strength and vulnerability. Glad I picked up the Blu.

Ep 5 of Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Season 2
Ep 4 of Balance: Unlimited
Ep 6 of Fire Force 2nd Season...glad the stuff with Inca is over as i really really don't like her
Ep 6 of The Misfit of Demon King Academy

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 160 Master of disguise?

Monster Girl Doctor episode 5 Sprains and teasing.

K-ON!! (Rewatch) episodes 15-21, 25, 22, The movie, 26, 23-24 [watched chronologically] & Ura-On!/!! shorts (Complete. Arguably a stronger season and with more episodes to contend with. Wonder if we’ll ever get adaptations of the two spin-off manga, even if they’re just an OVA or two.) 4.5/5

Cosmic Devil Daikengo - Episodes 24 - 26 [Final]

So now to record our thoughts for the podcast.

NG Knight Lamune & 40 - Episodes 1 - 6

I've long wanted to watch this show, I learnt about it in the early 00s in a book and watched the first few episodes when a fansubber called Nyoro-n started fansubbing it in the mid 00s but when the releases became sporadic I stopped watching it any further and the show was never completed (another group called Lamness picked it up for a handful of episodes in the late 10s) but thanks to Discotek I have now have the complete series so time to finally see it. So the show plays out like your standard isekai/adventure/got to find the various touchstones to defeat the bad guy kids anime but it is a lot of fun so far.

Back