UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah, by the time I got through Paypal the Art Book set was all gone. Pretty disappointed by that, but have ordered the other bundle. Can only hope AL see how popular the first bundle was and sell more of the artbook.

I wasn't sure if I should've gone for the Bundle with the Art Book and Rings.

Seeing as it was sold out, and with both bundles being too expensive for a blind-buy, I chose to go for Part 1 with the Art Box.

Bundle #1 sold out in 2 minutes WTF. Must be some who will sell these later for high prices 🤬

80 units isn't much and the fact that they announced it yesterday probably caused a lot (me included) to be ready the minute it went up, knowing demand would be high. I mean, I sat and button mashed F5 the exact second the clock hit 5pm. As someone wrote, hopefully they see how popular this set was and do a separate release with the art book at least.

80 units isn't much and the fact that they announced it yesterday probably caused a lot (me included) to be ready the minute it went up, knowing demand would be high. I mean, I sat and button mashed F5 the exact second the clock hit 5pm. As someone wrote, hopefully they see how popular this set was and do a separate release with the art book at least.
Then you certainly had more luck than me. Then again I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of these bundles pop up on eBay for scalper prices somewhere in July or August. With this little amount of units the shop page should be adjusted that you can only order maximum 1.

Talking about scalpers, the US version from rightstuf now goes for easily 500$ on eBay ... bah yikkes🤬

Am glad we did get the ring and book as I’ve waited for this for ages and ever since I watched Utena I regretted missing Rightstuf’s set (as AL never said they got the film) so was worried I would miss out like our Gundam Wing but thankfully not

Then you certainly had more luck than me. Then again I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of these bundles pop up on eBay for scalper prices somewhere in July or August. With this little amount of units the shop page should be adjusted that you can only order maximum 1.

Talking about scalpers, the US version from rightstuf now goes for easily 500$ on eBay ... bah yikkes🤬

Damn I didn't realise the US version had gone up to that much. So glad I was able to get that one.

Incredibly frustrating, to miss out on this one, though. You are right, there will be a couple that come up for ridiculous amounts after release.

With this little amount of units the shop page should be adjusted that you can only order maximum 1.

Most definitely. This sort of extremely limited supply coupled with high demand (especially in cases of classics such as Utena) should absolutely be controlled and restricted to one copy per customer.

Damn I didn't realise the US version had gone up to that much. So glad I was able to get that one.

Incredibly frustrating, to miss out on this one, though. You are right, there will be a couple that come up for ridiculous amounts after release.

Yeah exactly that. Well now I can really hit myself on the head, as back when the US version was released I actually had it on pre-order but cancelled it as soon as Anime Ltd. announced they had the license. Should have known better.

It might sound that I’m pissed ... and yes I am.

According to hanners only 1 person ordered more than 1 copy, and that was someone ordering 2 (1 for themselves, and another for a family member whos at work).

So nobody scalped the £115 bundle

According to hanners only 1 person ordered more than 1 copy, and that was someone ordering 2 (1 for themselves, and another for a family member whos at work).

So nobody scalped the £115 bundle

Excuse me for asking but who is Hanners? Does he/she work at Anime Limited? 😃

Back