Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Made in Abyss - A4 Collector's Edition (BD-DVD Combo)
French-speaking Europe - DYBEX via IDP

Product listing
madeinabyss.png

• First season on 2 BD / 3 DVD, subbed only.
• One A4 artbook (about 140 pages)
• One A2 poster
• Five A4 artcards

Scheduled for January 2020.

Rated 15 here isn't it? Wouldn't MA 15+ be a more reasonable equivalent?

I don't think I'd put this in the same category of some of the more extreme anime out there...
The BBFC have been noted to become pretty lax over the years. When Madman released individual volumes it was volume 4 which received the R18+ rating which should line up with the episodes featuring rape scenes. Yes it's not as extreme as a show like Goblin Slayer but it's still pretty reasonable to give this rating.

Dennō Coil - Collector's Edition (Combo BD-DVD)
French-speaking Europe - DYBEX
ZAkfqMd.png

Hard cover box and an artbook. The first release outside of Japan with proper content!

RahXephon - Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray)
Germany-Austria - Nipponart
61uUb5Wv4fL._SL1232_.jpg

Cardboard box with digipak. No extra beside.

Last edited:
Dennō Coil - Collector's Edition (Combo BD-DVD)
French-speaking Europe - DYBEX
ZAkfqMd.png

Hard cover box and an artbook. The first release outside of Japan with proper content!

RahXephon - Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray)
Germany-Austria - Nipponart
61uUb5Wv4fL._SL1232_.jpg

Cardboard box with digipak. No extra beside.
What's with Dybex all of sudden. First shinsekai yori now this? o_O

It was licensed 4 years ago, so it's about time. But hey, it's the first non-bare boxset out of Japan. It even comes with an artbook!
Wait, it was licensed four years ago? .... Is that an indication for how long we're going to have to wait for Shinsekai yori?
I find the floppy disc packaging a bit unergonomic though. Nice idea on paper, but probably not the best in the shelf. But, yay, an artbook~ Unlike SSY Dennou Coil has at least a bunch animation material printware somehow despite being another such underdog series. (Not sure if they contained key/promo illustrations though.) I've got 8 or the 9 DVD LEs, all of which come with the storyboards, which is also fairly rare. (Usually you get the first episode's at best.)

Depends the titles and what they want to offer. They're catching up slowly but surely with their backlog and have since learned that announcing titles too early is a bad thing.

Back