Your viewing journal

Re:Zero-starting life in another world (complete)

Really enjoyed this show. Ep1-11 were completely superb. The premise was really well set up in the first arc. The 2nd was great at character and got quite emotional.

The 3rd arc I did not enjoy. The way main characters despair was his own fault and how he was so self pitying about it made his descent into madness pretty unsympathetic to me. However the final arc was again brilliant. The action scenes in this part were also great to watch.

Fruits Basket 1st Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 25 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 24 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 6 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 8 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [1 ep behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 11 of 24 [1 ep behind]
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

Ghost in the Shell Arise OVA 4: Ghost Stands Alone (English dub)

Certainly the weakest instalment of Arise so far. The 'ending' tries to hang its emotional climax on two characters who were barely established enough for me to tell what you their names were, never mind be invested in their plight, and it also seems to be trying very hard to keep the balls firmly in the air for the series to continue, to the point where it feels more like a pop quiz to check if you can remember which faction was doing what to whom. I was also rather puzzled by why Togusa, the least cybernetic of the team, would be the one to fall foul of false memories at the end.

Nevertheless, I stand by my initial assessment - Arise is okay, it's just not on the level of what's come before it.

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 25 (complete)
Finishing up with the events from last week and looking forward to the Summer. The new characters briefly introduced seem like trouble.
Overall despite the plot being almost exactly the same as the first adaptation with some additions like Arise's backstory and some cuts like the visit to Ayame's shop, this felt much more impactful. There was a lot less of the goofy stuff and thus every episode was a bit more weighty and my eyes were nice and moist by the end. Some of the characters were still annoying and Touru is still far too pure for her own good, although some of this was toned down a bit as well, but Kyo and Yuki were vastly improved. Shigure, Arisa and Saki are still the best though.
Art and animation were very good too.
9/10

GRANBELM
ep 12
The final battle commences.

Fire Force ep 11
Backstory and meeting the Captain of another company.

Dr. Stone ep 12
A dangerous trip.

DanMachi s2 ep 11
Strike the Blood III ep 8
Maidens ep 12 [END]

The rushed ending by lacking a couple more eps to follow the manga destroyed the ending, too bad. 6/10

Fire Force
ep 11
A Certain Scientific Accelerator ep 11

Last edited:
Cutie Honey Universe (English Dub) Episode 11

Fruits Basket 2019 (English Dub) Episode 25 (Complete... for now)
Earning the right to call you my Dad/Son. (A solid and stunningly beautiful 1st season. I'm so glad this series is getting the treatment it really deserves, Because unlike with the original adaption, this adaption has been pretty much perfect right from the get go in every way possible. I'm so looking forward to the second season.) 4.5/5

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou (English Dub) Episode 9

Waiting in the Summer (English Dub) Episode 7

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? Episode 11
Still just as ridiculously silly as ever. Ominous ending though with that reveal...

Dr. STONE Episode 12
Having your back and a dangerous situation.

Fire Force Episode 11
Backstory time and meeting another Captain.

Granbelm Episode 12
A sacrificial goodbye as the final battle approaches.

Wasteful Days of High School Girls Episode 12 (Complete)
A chaotic finale. (A fun and pretty funny romp of a comedy series. While the show doesn't do much for itself in terms of story, but at least the comedy overall was amusing enough to keep me watching). 3/5

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato Part 3 [End]
Yep still great fun like the series. Would love to see more projects for this franchise. 8/10

O Maidens in Your Savage Season
episode 12 [End]
A fun series that sometimes gets a bit yikes and kinda went a bit wild towards the end. The characters were still great fun and Sonezaki and Amagi's relationship is too good for this world. 7/10

Fruits Basket 1st Season
episode 25 [End]
A great production with a fun cast and emotional moments. Sadly it seemed very character of the week but I guess the show made up for it with the focus on the main three who had a strong development throughout the series. Looking forward to S2. 8/10

Granbelm
episode 12 - Ah that episode broke me. If it sticks the landing next week this will be a good contender for AOTS.

Dr Stone episode 12

The Demon Girl Next Door episode 12

A Certain Scientific Accelerator episode 11 I got some serious Dragon Kaneki vibes from this.

Dr. STONE episode 12 Breathe Deep.

Fire Force episode 11 A shot that couldn’t be fired.

Fruits Basket (2019) episode 25 Selfish yet warming? (Complete. One of the best anime if not the best of the season, this was a sublime adaptation of the manga that managed to excellently convey the story and its emotional beats. I look forward to seeing the rest of the manga finally get adapted in 2020.) 4.5/5

Granbelm
episode 12 Another brutal battle with some great animation.

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II episode 11 Out of Touch.

Maidens of the Savage Season episode 12 A somewhat underwhelming ending. (Complete. A good if sometimes uneven coming-of-age drama with some poignancy and a better first half. I found the latter half to be a bit less enjoyable in places and I found myself only really rooting for one or two of the main cast by the end but overall this was decent.) 3.5/5

Wasteful Days of High School Girls
episode 12 Testing times. (Complete. One of the best anime comedies I’ve seen in a while. After a bit of a rough start each episode was very entertaining and fun, and 11 even managed to be rather heartfelt and emotionally driven. The OP was the best of the season for me too.) 4/5

Rambo First Blood Part II (Film)
A very different film from the first, and much more action-orientated. I liked the pacing of the film too, it’s only around 90 minutes and was a breeze to watch. Not as impactful as the first film but a lively romp that kept me entertained. 3.5/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 41-46

Sword Art Online II ep1-7

From one of those recent AL mystery boxes. Never seen any SAO but have to say I actually enjoyed it. It's kind of fluff but easy to watch and even knowing nothing i still found myself rooting for the MCs. I have GGO to watch at some point but I'll prob go back and watch all of it tbh.

Kizumonogatari 1-3

Great films. Essentially more of what the series does well but with a bigger animation budget and longer spent on the action. Now I want to rewatch the whole show.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Japanese audio) - Episode 25
Dr. STONE (Japanese audio) - Episode 12

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season - 2 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 25 of 26 up-to-date
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 24 of 26 up-to-date

On-Going Simulcasts from Spring 2019 Season: Completed - 1 title:
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 25 episodes length [8/10]

Summer 2019 Season: Completed - 6 titles:
Astra Lost in Space - 12 episodes length [9/10]
Demon Lord, Retry! - 12 episodes length [5/10]
Given - 11 episodes length [8/10]
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 12 episodes length [8/10]
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 12 episodes length [7/10]
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 12 episodes length [6/10]

Summer 2019 Season - 8 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 9 of 13 [1 ep behind]
Cop Craft - 9 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Dr. STONE - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 10 of 12 [1 ep behind]
Isekai Cheat Magician - 9 of 12 [2 eps behind]
VINLAND SAGA - 10 of 24 up-to-date

Netflix - 2 titles:
Cannon Busters - 6 of 12 [6 eps left]
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - 6 of 6 (6 more are coming soon)

A Certain Scientific Accelerator (English Dub) Episode 9

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 10

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (English Dub) Episode 8

A Certain Scientific Accelerator Episode 11
Looks like where in for one hell of a showdown.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 25
Motivational training and new swords. Kanao's backstory was just sad.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II Episode 11
Looking at the bigger picture.

O Maidens in Your Savage Season Episode 12 (Complete)
A lacklustre conclusion. (A somewhat interesting coming-of-age story with how this portrays teen girls in their youth and their personal take on growing-up, relationships and sex. The first half was good, second half not so much. At least the main cast of characters kept things interesting. Overall this was an enjoyable watch) 3.5/5

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 12

Last edited:
Yaiba ep 25
Lord El-Melloi II ep 12
SSSS.GRIDMAN ep 9
Tokyo Kushu:re 2nd ep 7-12 [END]

I will give it the fact of being easy to marathon. My brain can't be bothered to try and process what's happening so I bet that's the reason, rushed and too many characters and it sure loves to change character designs along the way to make my life even more impossible.. but yeah, it's kinda fun to watch still aside from everything else. 4/10

Last edited:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 25 Further training.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 327 Nearing the end.

Time Bandits (Film) I’ve owned this for years but am just getting around to watching now. Terry Gilliam films often have a surreal tone to them and this was no exception. The fantasy and whimsicality of the film was endearingly charming and the cast were all on good form, even the child lead. The climax of the film was a delight too. 4/5

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
episodes 47-54

Wasteful Days of Highschool Girls episode 12 (complete)
Anime of the season for me and best OP as well.
O Maidens in Your Savage Season episode 12 (complete)
Fruits Basket episode 25 (complete)
Dr Stone episode 12
Is It Wrong to Try To Pickup Girls in a Dungeon? II episode 11
Do You Love Your Mom... episode 11
The Demon Girl Next Door episode 11
Fire Force episode 11

Blue Sonnet - Episodes 4 & 5 [Final]

Carole & Tuesday - Episode 22

Mahou no Rogue Lipstick

Silly, rather problematic in today's environment but admittedly quite funny in places this is an oddity that could only be made in 80s Japan!

Back