The Nintendo Switch Thread

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is amazing, it's one of the only Wii U games I wanted to see given a second chance. It also seemed the most unlikely because it didn't sell all that well (even in Japan, because players wanted P5 at that point and not a fluffy Persona), so I'm chuffed to see it beat the odds and make its way to Switch.

Otherwise a pretty good Direct, although it was quiet on new titles for me. Looking forward to Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon and Animal Crossing but not sure I needed to see more of the first two. Little Town Hero sounds great, but gonna wait on reviews for it as the battle system looks... odd.

With how its fans rave about it, I'm going to be soannoyed if it isnlt dubbed. The recebt Fire Emglem's VA made it so much easier to digest.

Okay I’ve always been a PS kinda person but there are games just on the switch I want to play so I’m gonna buy one.

Apart from the console and games is there anything else I need to get such as accessories, memory cables I also need to get?

Okay I’ve always been a PS kinda person but there are games just on the switch I want to play so I’m gonna buy one.

Apart from the console and games is there anything else I need to get such as accessories, memory cables I also need to get?
Really just a decent size and fast memory card (Check review sites for what Class it needs to be)

Good case is very important with a decent screen protector

Really just a decent size and fast memory card (Check review sites for what Class it needs to be)

Good case is very important with a decent screen protector
I second getting a screen protector and putting it on the moment you take the console out of the box! Breath of the Wild is a must have too.

My copy of Link’s Awakening has been packed by Game ready for (hopefully) Friday. I shelled out for the Limited Edition which includes an artbook and steelbook.

Mine is just waiting to dispatch from Shopto, I also went for the collector's edition because it's Legend of Zelda. I must have them all. :p

My copy of Link’s Awakening has been packed by Game ready for (hopefully) Friday. I shelled out for the Limited Edition which includes an artbook and steelbook.
I need to pick mine up in Smyths on Friday. Ordered it for €74.99, they put the price up to €79.99 an hour later and GameStop were selling it for €89.99

Mine is just waiting to dispatch from Shopto, I also went for the collector's edition because it's Legend of Zelda. I must have them all. :p
I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with ShopTo so far so fingers crossed for your copy!
I need to pick mine up in Smyths on Friday. Ordered it for €74.99, they put the price up to €79.99 an hour later and GameStop were selling it for €89.99
I bagged mine by chance whilst looking at the listing on Game whilst on holiday. Initially, the product listing would state add to basket but wouldn’t let you click through but somehow I managed to add one and order it. Think it was £69.99 in the end.

I have the limited edition too, I trally wish Nintendo didn't insist on giving both a steelbook and standard case. I don't need both!

I have the limited edition too, I trally wish Nintendo didn't insist on giving both a steelbook and standard case. I don't need both!
Yeah I’d rather have something different or just make the LE cheaper. The art book is the main reason I went for it.

I wish they would just provide the steelvook with a slip cover that covers all the regular info like so e other publishers have done.

It looks like my right Nintendo switch joy con is starting to drift.

I gor mine done for free a few months ago and mine was a launch model. I mentioned that other regions were fixingdrift for free and that seemed to be enough. They didn't question me further, they took it in, never sent me a bill and a few days later got the notification that it was fixed and being returned.

It looks like Nintendo uk are not doing joycon fix for free so there no change of policy in the uk.so it looks I have to buy a new one plus a pro controller and I'm confident in fixing my joycons my self.

At last its come up again - the thread for me 🤣 was on breath of the wild most of the day, much to the chagrin of my brother.

Really though he wouldn't stop moaning...

Any good deals/deals coming up anyone knows about? I'm planning to get a big SD card as soon as I can

If anyone has any Sword Exclusive Pokemon they have spare (or Eggs)

Not worried what ones, I'm just trying to fill a few gaps in my pokedex. I currently have none 😅

I was waiting for Sword price to go down but its sticking around the £35+ mark what I cant justify, esp with Pearl coming out in a few months

°no idea if switch online is needed°

Back