UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ruh-roh

Gundam Wing Episode #9 - 00:18:28 - 00:18:30 corrupted frame when Deathscythe slices a Leo

00:18:28.941 - No problem

00:18:28.983 - No problem

00:18:29.025 - Corrupted frame

00:18:29.066 - No problem

00:18:29.108 - No problem

Corrupted frame is not present on the official Youtube stream. Dunno if it's present on the US release.
The corrupted frame is also present on the US BD.

They should have swapped the corrupted frame with this:

Gundam_Wing_1.gif

I can definitely add that a Gundam overflow is not good per se but believe me as a non-UK / GB citizen it is simply heaven that those movies and series are coming out in this region. Gundam alone made me conscious what is going on on the UK market and word is spreading fast that you can get your favourite animes even though there is no chance for a release within your own country. I actually think the 40th anniversary and the releases are a good example of getting people interested. Therefore recognition outside UK is growing as well, which should result in more of those great releases for everyone :)

It's the anniversary year. Let Gundam fans have our fun.
But I already own half of them. And we don’t Know if the 00 DE will be as good as Nozomis AL are still cocking it up. Skipping things like F-91 and Turn A i disagree (I also disagree with skipping V as I love how bad it is)
Also "Year" doesn't mean last 6 months.

Last edited:
The corrupted frame is supposed to be completely black, which is something that can be fixed without re-encoding the video. It's possible to put a 1920x1080 black frame in the subtitle track.
I've edited the Blu-ray subtitle files. The glitch is now blocked by a black rectangular.

Contains two versions of each subtitle track: one for PC playback, one for AVCHD playback on PS3.

Last edited:
And no one cares, keep em coming. :p
I do care about Gundam that's why I don't like what AL has done. I liked AGE I would have never (legally) got the chance to watch if I didn't import as I know AL will skip it. I dont like them skipping any gundam because everyone is someones favourite. Them not really being with clear with Wing meant I nearly lost out in getting a copy yes now I have £100 on standby ready for whenever release that set. but at least my moaning made it clear I have to be ready for it. They were not clear and rumours we aint getting the special disc is a joke. I remember good old 2015 when we were getting everything Nozomi was.

Gundams Bizarre A
I do care about Gundam that's why I don't like what AL has done. I liked AGE I would have never (legally) got the chance to watch if I didn't import as I know AL will skip it. I dont like them skipping any gundam because everyone is someones favourite. Them not really being with clear with Wing meant I nearly lost out in getting a copy yes now I have £100 on standby ready for whenever release that set. but at least my moaning made it clear I have to be ready for it. They were not clear and rumours we aint getting the special disc is a joke. I remember good old 2015 when we were getting everything Nozomi was.

I was joking about how your post read like you didn't want any more Gundam because you had half of them :p

Turn A was specifically a response to Tomino’s concerns about the motivation to sell toys which is why I looks weird. I don’t like how Bandai seems to focus on the Gunpla first rest later. Like in Victory it the Gundam wasn’t supposed to appear till ep 4 but Bandai made it appear in episode 1, I meant things like that V is quite bad at it.

Last edited:
So in what might be some kind of build up of karma, UPS delivered my copy of the Love Live Sunshine movie today. The extra stuff is interesting. The posters are 2 A3s- one of the seniors, the other of the other 6. Glossy stock, almost close to what clear files are made from. Less impressive is the A4 replica of Mari's missing poster. I love the concept (sucker for prop replicas) but it's made out of the same kind of paper as an info sheet, indeed even having the inventory checklist for the extras. Lastly you get 21 'photo' style screencap cards. Basically 2 each of the 9 leads and some of Saint Snow.

The Blu-ray case box reuses the A3 arts albeit on holographic card. It's nice but sadly the strength on the box isn't a patch on AL's in house efforts. The inner tray is designed to look like travel luggage with some surprising consistency on texture ('metal' feels scratchy whilst 'straps' feel smooth). The discs are designed to look like LPs and inside you'll find 2 mini artbooks and a flyer for stuff like the mobile games.

If AL have Millennium Actress, it would be nice if they could announce it before the US release ;)

AL had better use a time machine then, since the US release has been announced already - it went up for pre-order at Rightstuf a week ago with a November 19th release. I hope AL does a nice CE release with digipak for this though, I would definitely go for that over the plain, bare Blu-ray case release for the US.

Last edited:
Back