UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well, even the brightest home theater projectors are not really bright enough to satisfactorily use in a room with windows or lights on, since they are substantially dimmer than business projectors, which have their priority in brightness and not image quality. It would be usable for gaming if you have the windows covered well or the room lights are not too close to the screen, but the image will be washed out some. My projector is in a totally light-controlled theater room in my basement with no windows, so I always watch my anime and movies in a totally dark room. Fortunately, the Buttkicker shakers under the sofa seats help keep me from falling a sleep in the dark room, lol...

Still, nothing beats watching anime on a big 120" projection screen while sitting just 8 or 9 feet away, even if you have to sit in the dark to do it... 😍

Last edited:
Well, even the brightest home theater projectors are not really bright enough to satisfactorily use in a room with windows or lights on, since they are substantially dimmer than business projectors, which have their priority in brightness and not image quality. It would be usable for gaming if you have the windows covered well or the room lights are not too close to the screen, but the image will be washed out some. My projector is in a totally light-controlled theater room in my basement with no windows, so I always watch my anime and movies in a totally dark room. Fortunately, the Buttkicker shakers under the sofa seats help keep me from falling a sleep in the dark room, lol...

Still, nothing beats watching anime on a big 120" projection screen while sitting just 8 or 9 feet away, even if you have to sit in the dark to do it... 😍

Awesome set up I am impressed. I live in a flat so I can't be as creative in a media centre so a projector would just be set up on a coffee table lol. THanks for the answer though I'll stick with a TV set up as light will be an issue, I was just thinking about one for space saving mainly.

Last edited:
Andrew, is there any plans to re-release the original Gundam series? Its the only one I missed first time round and my collection feels awkward without it 🙈

Also, any updates on Magic Knight Rayearth?

They probably mean the box im guessing but AL never reprint those. Personally still my favourite Gundam set they've done, gorgeous art. 😍

They probably mean the box im guessing but AL never reprint those. Personally still my favourite Gundam set they've done, gorgeous art. 😍

I did mean the box yeah, though as I know it wouldn’t be reprinted I was asking more about a different box like they did with Gurren Lagann or SAO, or even a complete series box set.

Varies. I mean Sunrise have let them do complete sets of 00, Wing and G. It seems to be UC that is off limits given it's the core of the franchise and they've just started a multi year initiative to draw new fans to the UC timeline. NT and Hathaway's Flash are part of that.

Gutted I missed that mystery box I'd of loved them...I'd have all of them 😔

Check out cex. If a lot of us sold the disks to them then they'll probably drop a lot in price. I sold all but Fireworks & the Your Name steelbook.

Traded them for the complete dragonball z movie boxset ^_^

Sadly this is why people buy them...just to make profit 😔so then it affects prices also

It's the danger with these mystery boxes. You have no idea what you're getting and if it's a load of stuff you don't want or have already then you may as well sell it on to recuperate some of that money. (I don't usually buy them.)

I can say that with this box you wouldn't really have made a profit on cex unless choosing vouchers.

Driving down the value isn't bad for people that want to buy them though.

Back