UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I asked as I also don't see why it's £10 more than usual and was told it's a bigger book than usual and it's also a very text heavy book thus the translation cost were much more than the usual.

This crossed my mind today thinking of discussion here. Just a bit of fun.
JyWift1.jpg

This crossed my mind today thinking of discussion here. Just a bit of fun.
JyWift1.jpg
I get it, but what few 4K anime releases are available in Japan are a very mixed bag, with the best being minor at best upgrades in detail, but nice HDR, and the rest having DNR to various degrees (acceptable, like the retro Gundam UHDs to Predator UHE levels like the TMS UHDs).

Good to finally see some releases from AL being lined-up that I'm interested in - pretty sure all I've had from them so far this year was the Snow White with the Red Hair CE back in January...

If the dates are kept, 27th May will be busy from my perspective.

Hopefully, that also means some Early Birds for Mirai and Twin Star Exorcists Part 2 coming up in the next couple of weeks...

Last edited:
according to Hanners. They wont be getting any copies of rezero part 2 with box to sell from zavvi since they are almost out of stock also.

Will the books fit in the box? I mean the show in total costs £120 so I won't be buying it atm but yeah if I did I would hope the books fit in the box

Will the books fit in the box? I mean the show in total costs £120 so I won't be buying it atm but yeah if I did I would hope the books fit in the box
Twin Star Exorcists

BONUS ITEM: While stock lasts across all retailers, the Blu-ray of Part 2 will come with a Limited Edition Bonus 20-page character art booklet. The booklet will be packaged inside the case. (This bonus item is not exclusive to any one retailer.)

So the usual limited on disc extras, a poster in the box and five art cards. Silver Spoon is worth that much to me because it is Silver Spoon. I'm happy to pay that for the episodes, but at that price, the encoding and authoring better be flawless. It better be Justin Sevakis good. I'm not thrilled by this release, I'm not elated or excited. I'm just resigned with an 'about time' feeling. With MVM hitting it out of the park this year with their Collector's Editions, Silver Spoon seems remarkably Spartan.

I just hope Season 2 gets an Early Bird as well.

A checklist update of sorts for Q2 2019 (April, May & June 2019), because I love reminding folks about things.

Revealed and scheduled for Q2:
  • Castlevania - Season 1
  • Lupin the Third Part IV - English Dubbed/Italian Broadcast/Toonami Broadcast Version
  • Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms
  • Perfect Blue - Ultimate Edition
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - Part 2
  • Silver Spoon - Season 1
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 3
Revealed and scheduled for Q3:
  • Silver Spoon - Season 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 4
A hybrid of the two:
  • Mirai
Mentioned in the blog post: