The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I have no problem with the look of the subtitles but does anyone else use the Prime Video PS4 app and have issues with the pop-up at the end which tries to entice you to watch the first episode of something else? It disables the subtitles while it's on screen which means any after-credit scenes are ruined and I cannot for the life of me work out how to get rid of it. Live translating the post credit content in Wotakoi for my partner was great and all but since the subtitles exist it would be nice if they worked properly...

R
Press O to get rid. Press △ to get rid of the timeline that pops up.
Sometimes it comes back and you have to do it again, but when it switches to the Amazon Prime screen right at the end and the box isn't there pressing O no longer takes you back to the episode selection screen, so you have to quit the app entirely!

I can't tell whether or not Amazon is gaslighting me (!) but I watched the latest Dororo today and it was fine, showing subtitles all through the ED for the first time. Perhaps the update a month ago fixed it. Oops!

R

I can't tell whether or not Amazon is gaslighting me (!) but I watched the latest Dororo today and it was fine, showing subtitles all through the ED for the first time. Perhaps the update a month ago fixed it. Oops!

R
I noticed the same with karakuri circus, I was binging through episodes, the first few didn't show any lyrics for the OP but now it does every time

R
I had to get rid of the box today, but for Karakuri Circus it popped up much later.

Is it necessary to watch Sound Euphonium to understand what Liz and the Blue Bird is about?
As IncendiaryLemon says, it isn't needed in order to understand the film and I think it holds up pretty good on its own. That being said, if you pay close attention you can deduce certain things regarding the events in the two seasons of Sound! Euphonium (so in that sense it "spoils" certain things a bit).

So if you can, I would still suggest watching Sound! season 1 and 2 first and then the movie. They're all great works and well worth a watch if you ask me. Liz and the Blue Bird in particular managed to exceed my expectations.

Is this a legit release of the show? - it's even listed on blu-ray.com
It's also sold by Amazon themselves.
Yes that's the French DVD release by the French distributor Dybex, who still has the rights for. Although I believe one of the European distributors said that they were having issues trying to renew it.

Would you know how the quality is compared to, say the UK single releases?

Edit: Which reminds me, is it burned in subs?
I wouldn't know about the quality to be honest, outside of the fact that it's PAL and has French/Japanese audio with French subtitles. Might be worth asking some of the French users on here as they may be able to help.

@NormanicGrav : No, the Dybex-license expired several years ago.
But its quite common to find cheap overstock and leftovers from old French releases, as the DVD sales in France collapsed during the last years.

-> Amazon.fr Les meilleures ventes: Les articles les plus populaires dans la boutique Animation japonaise
Even the old Nicky Larson DVD set (Beez license exxpired 2012 or 2013) ist still on rank 3 of Anime-bestsellers on Amazon, caused by the massive overstock.

Note that https://www.anime-store.fr/as/Evang...Edition-Gold-VOSTFRVF-produit-video-5129.html sells them even cheaper (Shipping to Denmark: from 7.42€ depending on weight)

Can Burst Angel be recommended? - Most reviews says it's great or trash, no inbetween.
Is it a GC anime? Is it a mecha? - can't find much about it.
hmm... I got the DVD but haven't gone to watch it again, it's a weird beast though. it tries to look like a futuristic western, sort of. every so often the main cast will have to use the mech (some of the critters they fight are very mech - like, but are unmanned more often than not) it takes a while to get a proper narrative on track, but once it does it kind of makes sense I guess?

it's really a sort of near future dystopia/western/mecha/gangsta sort of thing, if you like the larger than life badasses you might like Jo, like 90% of what she does is look for a fight, the other 10% is watching banned horror films

Nice, would you know if there's any difference between the two US releases?
there's two of them? I got what MVM sold, sorry I don't know if there's any difference between any versions, the complete one I got has the OAV that looks into Jo's and Meg's past, so I doubt a complete collection cuts anything out

So I’m gonna put up a sales thread before long, just wondering if a few things are worth putting in;
Galaxy s7 (it’s gotten pretty slow and unresponsive with physical buttons)
Soundblaster Xz ( when’s the last time anyone used a sound card?)
Excel saga complete manga, English - 27 volumes (not that popular among the members here)

Of course, all my volumes of Berserk would be on there too, a good haul for someone not looking for the new format

Back