UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

CCS CC doesn't seem to have a slipcover in the US, the UK one has. Also that pink bar and the bar on the cover sleeve is definitely Manga's own thing...
It does but only from FUNis shop or people luckily from right Stuf. But all the changed was putting the BD logo instead of the word as we have no digital and it is smaller than the US one image.jpg
Two different artworks so I’m fine even without a slipcover I’d be using the BD art
If there was no reversible art id hate the slipcovers with the border but it allows me to have two pieces of art on a "SE" it adds a little bit of value.
So mangas Chuuni (Not the film) I hate the slipcovers on

It does but only from FUNis shop or people luckily from right Stuf.
Damn, those covers seriously go away fast by now... No slicover was the reason I refrained from the Funi one. I guess another bonus on the Manga one is that it probably doesn't have the red digital ad on the backcover, when there is no digital.

If there was no reversible art id hate the slipcovers with the border but it allows me to have two pieces of art on a "SE" it adds a little bit of value.
So mangas Chuuni (Not the film) I hate the slipcovers on
Some of Funis' releases with slipcovers going away fast are even worse, when they have diffrent art on the BD, the cover sleeve and reverse side of the sleeve. That does bug me a lot...

I just dont get it, is it just me...
Who wants half a series, who watches half a series? They don't! They wait for it all to come out before watching it.
Hm. Japan releases 1 episode releases. Germany releases 3-4 episode releases. They usually dn't have 6 month gaps, but 1 month they do have at the very least. Half is actually even considerably more episodes in a piece than that. Same for weekly watching when it airs.

So you watched half a series and was happy waiting months for the other half?
That's fine but wouldn't you had preferred to have it all instead?
I sometimes wind up watching half a series and not finishing the other half for years.
Actually I like the half sets, it gives more space for artwork. But sure, I'd prefer a complete one, if it as a compresensive artbook with it. Which it almost always doesn't. (Even with AL releases, when they have a booklet.)
Another thing is perhaps, that a portion of people actually have watched the show completely before they decided to buy it in the first place anyway.
Or perhaps it's just me, because I also read Manga. 6 month wait for the next volume isn't anything out of the ordinary if it's not a weekly jump manga. There it isn't 6 month for the other half, then it's like 6-8 month fr the next volume out of what may be 1/20th of the series. (Some titles here in Germany have a 1 year release cycle due to not selling too well.)

I think a lot also comes down to the pricing. If it's whole the bigger figure may put people away.

In that same time I could of watched 40-50 titles so that might be the reason I'm not a fan of part sets.
Sounds like you are a binge/Netflix whole batch type. Most Anime fans so far aren't, which is why many get annoyed over Netflix not doing simulcasts all that much.

I’m not bothering with FranXX, even the decent first half had its problems for me. I’m still undecided on Magus’ Bride though as the Funi LE looks quite nice.

So do lots of other shows but that doesn't stop people buying them.

I haven't seen re myself. Im waiting for the inevitable re manga boxset and buying both of them.

As someone who read and loved the re manga despite its flaws I can safely say that the first season is a bit rushed but ultimately tells the story okay whilst the second season had to cram 121 chapters into 12 episodes and is surprisingly not a total train wreck, but is a very mixed hag.

Studio Pierrot should never have been given the licence for the series in the first places.

Overall I’d say they’re average, anime-only’s might not mind the changes and exclusions as much, but as a manga reader who followed the series each week there’s a lot of wasted potential.

I’ll probably get the AL releases if they’re CEs anyway, just to indirectly support the author.

I managed 3 episodes of re. It's direction in those episode was abysmal. The first two seasons may have had their blatant script issues, but at least had some quite nice to even great directing and several scenes were even better than the original. (To the extend they managed to actually inspire the author to incoperate elements of it later on.) re's anime just felt chopped down to the bones, ticking down a checklist and quite soulless. =/

Back