UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I almost never buy anything from Zavvi without a 10% off code anyway, so I dont think £45 is too bad. Same price as a non EB AL set.

Does the Manga UK BD of DBZ Kai Season 1 have a lossless English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD track on episode 22 (disc 3)? The Funimation DBZ Kai Season 1 set only has a lossy English 5.1 AC3 track on that episode. File size of that episode is also much smaller than other episodes.

Does the Manga UK BD of DBZ Kai Season 1 have a lossless English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD track on episode 22 (disc 3)? The Funimation DBZ Kai Season 1 set only has a lossy English 5.1 AC3 track on that episode. File size of that episode is also much smaller than other episodes.

Manga will have just cloned the discs, so unless you here otherwise, assume they'll be the same.

So let me get this straight... Overlord II will only be released in the UK via a Limited Edition that’s exclusive to a single retailer (Zavvi) with no plans for a standard edition in the future?

If so, wow. That sucks. (It’s sorta like when Sentai released LOTGH only through their own store, but LOTGH is a niche series- Overlord isn’t.)

I suspect once the CE has shifted we will get a standard edition. If Manga have the licence I can't see them sitting on it for a few years after its gone OOP.

Last edited:
[Clears throat.]

Remember, guys: If you see sales practices that you don't like, simply refuse to support them. Whatever any specific vendor tells you, if their sales tactics don't work, they'll soon change them.

Back