Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Hm, so the UK gets a combo unlike the US and gets an additional "I am a combo" line plastered on the cover that is already filled with other logos. (With Funi there is at least a slip as of yet.)
Too bad it's not a candidate for CE in the UK either from the looks of it? Would have though it should have been more on the popular side...

Cardcaptor Sakura was never popular here. People love the butchered version. And we can’t legally watch the original 70 eps so there was no way ccs CC was gonna do well. I feel by the end I was the only person who watched all 22 eps and I feel down about it as it needs a s2 badly

I am a bit surprised it's not popular. The Anime never finished in Germany, but the Manga and Clamp alone made it very popular in it's own. I though the manga was a pretty big thing in English speaking territories as well.
Well, I guess I just have to see which version I'll get them when it comes...

Speaking of which - That is just part 1, is it? It says nowhere part 1, but given that it has the same cover as the Funi P1, it's probably just the first half?

Cardcaptor Sakura was never popular here. People love the butchered version. And we can’t legally watch the original 70 eps so there was no way ccs CC was gonna do well. I feel by the end I was the only person who watched all 22 eps and I feel down about it as it needs a s2 badly

I'm actually a huge fan of the original series (I don't care for the butchered version personally). I've actually watched all 22 episodes of Clear Card myself, and while I felt that the ending could've been better, I've enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm hoping for a second season myself, considering that the Clear Card manga is still going, if I'm correct.

I would like to see the original series get released over here, but with proper subtitles, not those horrible localised subtitles from the NIS America release. Sadly, BBFC costs seemed to have pretty much prevented it from happening.

Back