UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I assume Overlord will be a casualty of the breakup between AL and Funimation. Same reason im not expecting any more BBB, Black Butler or Free. 😢

What was the last update on Haruhi, is it still coming?

Why is it so hard to get most of my favorites in blu ray, be it haruhi, Steins gate movie, overlord s2/3, clannad. I might be cursed as these are likely popular shows that would sell well. Saekano seems licensing hell as well, so I will never see it, I imagine bunny girl senpai will follow.. (not even going into nichier releases like Natsume or yuruyuri)

A Place Further than the Universe would be a great pick for anime limited.

Why is it so hard to get most of my favorites in blu ray, be it haruhi, Steins gate movie, overlord s2/3, clannad. I might be cursed as these are likely popular shows that would sell well. Saekano seems licensing hell as well, so I will never see it, I imagine bunny girl senpai will follow.. (not even going into nichier releases like Natsume or yuruyuri)
Sometimes importing is the only option for certain titles sadly.

hoping to see Full Metal Panic on some sort of £30 bundle seeing how i forgot to get it last year or earlier in the year with that 3 set box or Wolf's Rain and Lucky Star

If you don't mind importing, Funi's BD release of S1&2 of Haruhi is compatible for both region A and B. The box only says it's region A, but I'm able to play it on my UK PS3 and AnimeBlurayUK confirms it's A/B.

Haruhi is one of my favourite series, so if a fancy AL release does come out in the future, I'll totally pick that up too.

I'd love for AL to put out their (hopefully, eventual) BD in broadcast order.

The full chronological order is the way to go now that the second season exists, but season 1 in a vacuum is really fun to watch in its original order.

(The original Japanese BD box of the first season did this, IIRC.)

Saekano seems licensing hell as well, so I will never see it
Is this just based on lack of season 2 in english or lack of UK version for both seasons or do you know anything regarding the licensing problems of Saekano. I am a huge Saekano fan but haven't really followed news regarding blu rays and DVD of anime until recently so I am not really up to date regarding knowledge of license agreements.

Is this just based on lack of season 2 in english or lack of UK version for both seasons or do you know anything regarding the licensing problems of Saekano. I am a huge Saekano fan but haven't really followed news regarding blu rays and DVD of anime until recently so I am not really up to date regarding knowledge of license agreements.

Mainly guessing, but S2 was picked up by amazon prime after S1 got (a super expensive) release by AoA.
At the very least no one seems to be giving it a chance.

But I'm also a huge Saekano fan, proud owner of several Saekano related merchanside.

If you don't mind importing, Funi's BD release of S1&2 of Haruhi is compatible for both region A and B. The box only says it's region A, but I'm able to play it on my UK PS3 and AnimeBlurayUK confirms it's A/B.

Haruhi is one of my favourite series, so if a fancy AL release does come out in the future, I'll totally pick that up too.

At this point I have to wonder if AL is waiting for manga license to expire, I can wait until a fancy AL release comes out. S1 only or not.

I also really need the movie, it's like my favorite anime movie of all time. But that's region lock as far as I know.

Here's hoping it eventually falls in AL hands, so it gets the treatment it deserves.

That and the EVA movies, talking about changing hands lol so it goes with 1.11.

Back