UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I went for the bundle simply because the five titles I didn’t have would have cost me more to buy separately. I’ve already listed the duplicates asides from YN DE

Between the film and cd I’ve more than got my £50 worth from my day 1 copy of Your Name. And now I’ve got the replacement disc I’ve got another reason to watch so I’m not too bothered by the drop.

If you buy things at launch then you are always going to find it cheaper down the line.
There's a difference between cheaper down the line and taking the p**s. I'm wondering why I bother with early birds at all.

Yeah but not in a bundle with five or six other titles all for the same price you paid originally.
This is still relatively harmless compared to the massive drops France hat 2012. Or what Sentai kind of is doing for 2 years and they are even did that more often than once a year...

This is still relatively harmless compared to the massive drops France hat 2012. Or what Sentai kind of is doing for 2 years and they are even did that more often than once a year...
True, but we can’t easily buy from Sentai without proxies which add on cost anyways. Can’t speak for French releases since most of it isn’t English subbed.

These sales are time limited a lot more than Sentai’s which I assume is why AL does such massive discounts or they only give a certain allocation I bet.
Very true, I’m pretty sure these bundurus only have like 60 units a piece, so hopefully loads of copies don’t flood onto eBay or CeX etc.

Nowt for me today, the bundle is sold out and that's the first I clapped eyes on it.
My wallet can rest, for today.
(Seriously though why no perfect blue pre pre order? Also I was thinking I'm my head yesterday that today was movie/media focused)

Nowt for me today, the bundle is sold out and that's the first I clapped eyes on it.
My wallet can rest, for today.
(Seriously though why no perfect blue pre pre order? Also I was thinking I'm my head yesterday that today was movie/media focused)
Princess Arete being missing is also curious. I’d rather have seen that in the bundle than YN

Only getting Empire of Corpses out of today's lot. I have a weird fondness for that film; I'd chew it out in a review, but still like it? I need to tighten things up, so I'll pass on Harmony for now.

So far, I've went for:
- Snow White with the Red Hair Seasons 1 - 2 Collection
- Hyouka Part 1 Collector's Edition
- Your Lie in April Parts 1 & 2 Collector's Editions
- Empire of Corpses Standard Edition

Surprised they didn’t include a EB of Maquia
I was hoping for a Mari Okada themed day where it could be an early bird, but looking at her filmography, the only other titles of hers Anime Limited have are The Anthem of the Heart (potentially viable; they have some returned stock of Zavvi's CE), Kiznaiver (maybe a bit too early to reduce?), and Selector Infected WIXOSS.

Maybe we could see a family theme, with things like an Erased bundle? (The Anthem of the Heart would fit nicely there too). Maybe even Fairy Tail, as the guild is considered "family"? :p

is there any reason why AL or Manga never picked up the 2nd season of Highschool DxD? i was considering getting BoRN but it'll probably be a cold day in hell before manga discounts season 1 to the level of AL and there's no season 2 release over here which i'd rather have over importing
If I remember correctly, the US release of High School DxD New was around a weird time in the UK; as Manga UK previously distributed for Funimation, and there was some interim before Anime Limited started doing so - which is around the time DxD New launched in the US. So it probably just fell through the cracks, then slipped down the priority list to chase up? Then, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment took over earlier this year, and now Manga UK are licensing Funimation stuff again... so who knows whose court that ball is now on...

Last edited:
Ah OK. The mystery boxes are SE only aren't they so no A Silent Voice then.

They have the Zavvi version, possibly not enough to fulfil the full quota of a box (although that didn't stop them last year)
I was actually looking at Anthem of the Heart the other night. The page says that they're unsold copies from Zavvi's initial allocation.

Back