Your viewing journal

Encouragement of Climb 3rd Season (Sub) Episode 13 (Complete)
As good as the previous two seasons. 3/5.

Holmes of Kyoto (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A very interesting series, it gives the legendary name that is "Holmes" a brand new twist. 3/5.

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 26 (Complete)
This is a series I definitely liked. 3/5.

One Room Season 2 (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Episodes where to short. Overall a cute show but average at best. 2/5.

Phantom in the Twilight (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Nothing really stood out from the series. 2.5/5.

Canaan ep1-2

As I'd hoped for something more grounded, in the vein of Black Lagoon or Jormungand, I'm not entirely sold on the more fantastical elements of this Type Moon/ Mari Okada action series's story (at least not yet), but it's obvious that they really spent the cash on this one. The animation is consistently excellent and the action scenes are noticeably well directed, particularly in the second episode.

Holmes of Kyoto episode 12 (Complete. A fun mystery series that slowly built up the relationship between its two leads whilst being fun each week in solving the cases. Throw in a comfy tone and it’s another decent anime form the season.) 3.5/5

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 26 (Complete. This was a fairly comfy fantasy series that had its ups and down with characters being needlessly cruel to MC Aoi only to be repeatedly won over by her cooking and charm.

There was a lull in the middle with cliffhangers getting swift resolutions that felt a bit cheap and the ending left questions that only an unlikely second season would solve. That being said I did enjoy this, and it’s a shame to see it finish.) 3.5/5

Phantom in the Twilight episode 12 (Complete. Wasn't expecting much from the initial episodes but this turned out to be a solid fantasy romp. It's nothing special but worked as a decent weekly watch.) 3.5/5

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 20 Skinny Daru is quite a sight And that death hit pretty hard. Again the voice acting here was great.

Doctor Who Revelation of the Daleks The most morbid story in the show's storied history, complete with a glass Dalek sequence that would be worthy of a David Cronenberg film. The only thing that doesn't work here is Alexi Sayles' DJ who's really out of place for the most part.

Gintama Season Three episodes 100-105, 107-113, 115-123

Last edited:
Revue Starlight ep 11
Wakarimasu, I think! Hikari seemingly sacrifices herself so as to not takeaway the other girls shine, but in doing so has changed the story of Starlight! It doesn't seem to work initially as everyone is back in the order from the 99th edition, including Karen at the bottom of the billing, but Karen is determined to find out what has happened to Hikari.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 20
At first I was like hang-on, how'd that happen (the 2 week gap didn't help) and then they explained it using sci-fi convenience.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 26 (complete)
The ceremony concludes. I like the way Aoi’s past gets linked into the story and how the cute sidekick, dispite being mostly annoying, actually has an important role to play. The ending feels like there could be more as it didn't resolve, what I thought was going to be the through line.
Overall it was a nice show. It was very much like Magus' Bride in many ways, but with Japanese folklore instead. The art and animation wasn't quite on the same level, but I liked it a little bit better, especially the second half where Aoi had to stand up for herself more (although the master was still there to help out). I thought they were going go for the same ending (a wedding), and if they did I felt it would have been more earnt than Magus' Bride, but the ending didn't go that way and left it open for more.
7/10

Holmes of Kyoto ep 12 (complete)
Another appraisal-off. More arguing with Ensho and more will they-won't they.
Overall some interesting bits, but some of it was very samey. It had that frustrating will they-won't they aspect of a lot of anime romance stories where they both clearly fancy each other, but won't commit (you don't even get the payoff of the last minute confession that you usually get either, unless you take Holmes' "the moon is beautiful tonight" as an indirect one!) Art and animation weren't anything to write home about either.
6/10

Encouragement of Climb s3 e13
Enjoyable last episode with the girls bond growing stronger after what happened in this season.
Overall a good season with some nice moments, but the drama dragged it down a little. Seemed to focus more on the characters rather than the climbing, but that's OK. The Art and animation is really good (it helps having shorter episodes I guess). I hope the message at the end comes true, we need to see Aoi conquer Mt. Fuji 🗻
7/10

Black Clover episode 51 Being Marilyn Manson is suffering. Also yet another big fight awaits.

Overlord III episode 12 That’s a lot of deaths.

Gintama episodes 125-130

Attack on Titan s3 e10
Kenny's (and Levi's) backstory.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 12 (complete)
Quite a good final episode, just one weird bit with, I'm guessing some sort of sea deity saving Jinzaburou? They almost went for the complete sad ending while he was still missing, the princesses bodyguard strangles her, but it was an elaborate plan to hide her. So both MCs survive, although none of the support cast do.
Overall it was a very interesting bit of historical fiction with a lot of the early events being factual and then becoming more fictional as it went on. The action was pretty good with quite good art and animation, although that weird paper filter was off putting at times.
8/10

Banana Fish - Episode 12

Planet With - Episode 12 [Final]

A good ending to a series that I have really enjoyed, it's been a breath of fresh air compared to some other recent mecha shows.

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan (dub) eps 1-3
Excellent start to this series. I think I may have to change some of my answers on the Spring thread!
Some of the character designs remind me of Trigger stuff, although a little rougher in art style, especially the males. Ikushima reminds me of Mikisugi and Sosoda of an older Gamagoori, from certain angles.

My Hero Academia (dub) - episode 60

Stein;s Gate 0 (dub) - episode 20

Attack on Titan (dub) - episode 42

Magical Girl Raising Project (dub) - episode 9 - Now only ONE character left alive that I feel any empathy for... yay...

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan eps 4-6
New arrivals! At first some friction and then gradual bonding. Plus hints at the bigger picture.
I hope "Sexy Jaguar" gets her own dragon at some point:
4xANNJZlKL2mFaM3ceJGQ-2YKwfE2Cr7nlX94X1JR_k_9PbjtNyHc5ZpBUushVWW-7g8XJjV1XhngIOKst3LAQ

Back