Your viewing journal

Revue Starlight ep 10
On the final stretch to find out who will be performing in the next 'Starlight'. The fight was especially epic this week with the last 4 pairing up for a 2 on 2. Then there was a twist at the end.

Just realised that Steins;Gate 0 episode 20 was delayed in Japan and thus Funimation have followed suit, again!

Chio's School Road (English Dub) Episode 9

Flip Flappers (English Dub) Episode 1 - 12 (Complete) (Blu-ray)
A series about Papika and Cocona who hold the keys to open the door to a fantasy world. When the two girls meet, their adventures in a different dimension called "Pure Illusion" begins. Many beings in Pure Illusion will stand in the girls' way on their search for the mysterious crystal shards called the "Amorphous," an item that is said to grant any wish. However, when the girls find themselves in danger, the shards will glow, and they are able to transform into magical girls to fight back against the beings that stand in their way. Overall a decent show starring the English voice talents of Luci Christian (Cocona) and Brittney Karbowski (Papika). 8/10

Hanebado! (English Dub) Episode 9

Harukana Recieve eps 10 & 11
I noticed the match was basically a 2 parter from what people said last week, so delayed watching till this week, but it's still going! Seems like it'll finish in the next episode, especially as it's the last of the season and then nationals will be in any second season, if there is one. Lots of mixing of tactics and flashbacks to show learning of said tactics and motivations made it flow quite nicely. I also liked the mistakes creeping in when they got tired which made it quite realistic (although one part where Haruka pulls of a move she hasn't practiced wasn't so much). I can't pick who I want to win, but I guessing it'll probably be team Harukana so Hinata can face Narumi in the nationals (it's also called Harukana Recieve and not Eclaire Recieve!)

Also:
Although she got the quote slightly wrong!:
_20180920_114901.JPG

Hanebado! ep 11
The final starts. I definitely know who I want to win this one, hopefully Nagisa can take Ayano down a peg or 2. Also hopefully Elena gives Uchika a right good talking to (and maybe a slap for good measure) for abandoning her child for such a stupid reason!

2018-09-20_15.png

How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)

Attack on Titan s3 e9
Another epic battle and Historia announces herself as queen to the world!

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 11
The final stand of the Tsushima fighters. Will they survive the day?

Banana Fish ep 12
Ashs' bloody retribution begins.

A.I.C.O. Incarnation eps 1-3 (dub for about 10 minutes then sub)
The plot is a bit of sci-fi ridiculousness about how the event that kicks the show off came about (I swear I've seen the opening scenes before somewhere, maybe a trailer or YouTube video "The opening x minutes of..." sort of thing). A bit of an introduction to the characters, a bit of political intrigue and some action (lots of running about, not too much actual combat or anything).

The dub is awful. Out of the 4 biggest characters you see after the opening bit, the female MC, male MC, FMCs friend and a doctor only the FMC was OK. The 2 male characters sounded way too old for their designs and the FMCF was way too high pitched (probably trying to sound a bit like the Japanese VA, but going too far. No one English sounds like that in normal speech surely!)

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord episode 12 (Complete) - This wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Sure it was a harem isekai with much ecchi going on but it was surprisingly decent for what it was. 7/10

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO episode 12

Frankenstein Family episodes 5-6

Tsukigakirei episode 10

How to Keep a Mummy episode 10

Banana Fish episode 12 Some interesting back and forth between Ash and Eiji and some Halloween fun before an ominous ending.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episodes 74-75 Boruto Civil War and some Greek trial style scenarios.

Bleach (Partial Rewatch) episodes 101-109 Honestly the Bount Arc is very solid, it's the Assault part towards the end that drags a bit. Still overall good fun and better filler than most I've seen.

Ace Attorney episodes 14-24 (Complete. A fun and absurd, if repetitive series based on the popular game franchise. I get the feeling based on fan reaction that this anime didn't do the games justice, however as it's own entity it was good fun, and I may watch the next season when it airs.) 3.5/5

Sorcerer (Film) visceral and visually stunning with some haunting scenes and a consistent tone that only heightened the tension of the latter part of the film. Interestingly despite the box art and all the promotional material being about transporting the dynamite, this only begins halfway through the film. The first half builds with the backstories of the main characters and a brutal look at what happens when an oil well explosion devastates a poor slum.

When the second half kicks in it's a near-constant series of "oh f*ck" scenes that kept my eyes glued to my TV. Friedkin is a brilliant film maker, and this is another great entry in his filmography. Tangerine Dream also provide a wonderful score. 4.5/5

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (English Dub) Episode 9 (Uncensored)

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (English Dub) Episode 23

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete) (Uncensored)
And with this the latest chapter in the "Isekai" series/genre has come to a close. While I did enjoy this more than the previous two isekai shows (Smartphone and Death March) because at least with the we got a decent MC who is actually likeable and isn't a pushover and knows what he wants. Yes it was a harem/ecchi series but at least it was an entertaining one at that. 8/10

Seven Senses of the Re'Union (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)

A somewhat mediocre series at best. The similarities between this and SAO where so similar that I felt like I was watching SAO all over again just with a different cast of characters. While this tryed to be different from other VRMMO's (SAO) with each new episode that came and went, the similarities between the two grew which just made this less enjoyable. 6/10

Banana Fish episode 12
I get the feeling this is gonna start dragging but lets hope I'm proved wrong.

Is The Order a Rabbit episodes 4-5
This feels very similar to Kinmoza. Not the same or copied or anything, it just has a similar tone which is nice.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord episode 12 (complete)
This was average for me. There was a lot of cringe-worthy overlollification (that's a word now) but it had fun moments. 5/10

A.I.C.O. Incarnation eps 4-6
The action kicks up a notch as they start the mission proper and Aiko seems to be awakening to some sort of power. It was hinted at that the doctor was giving her something to surpress it.

Angels of Death episode 12 Some revelations about Rachel that could change everything.

Chio's School Road episode 12 Wasn't expecting a blooper reel. (Complete. Really quite funny with an endearing cast showcasing just how best friends would act in Chio and Manana. There were also the standout set pieces that will stay in my mind for a good while.) 4/5

Grand Blue Dreaming episode 11 Aina has some Pervy misconceptions as Iori tries to get some practice. I also shall never be able to look at a leek the same way again.

Harukana Receive episode 12 (Complete. A refreshing sports anime that gave a great set of partner relationships and tense matches, whilst being comfy as well. The final episode was particularly well done. The better of the sports focused anime this season.) 4/5

Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigations episode 8 Who's who and believing in others.

My Sweet Tyrant episode 25 (Complete. A mixed bag of shorts some of which were nice and others a bit mean and unlikeable. Wish the best friend and sister pairing got more screen time.) 2.5/5

Angelic Layer episodes 1-26 (Complete. An enjoyable anime about fighting using small battle dolls controlled by the mind. The tournament aspect of the series, though predictable was handled quite well thanks to a very likeable main character in Misaki.

I appreciated how they took the time to give some backstory to the concept of Angelic Layer. It was important in tying into Misaki's mother being absent for 2/3 of her life- a frustrating trope often seen in anime/manga that I really dislike.

Thankfully it is handled decently here-better than the manga did so at least where they almost just brushed it off instead of confronting it.

Overall this was a very good battle anime with a great added depth to make it stronger amongst similar anime.) 4/5

Akkun to Kanojo (Sub) Episode 25 (Complete)
Despite it only being a series of short episodes it was still enjoyable to some extent, though I still wished that certain other characters got more screen time. 5/10

Angels of Death (Sub) Episode 12

Chio's School Road (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A really good final episode, those bloopers at the end though were pretty funny. Overall this was a really hilarious series with a great cast of characters (though it wasn't as funny as Asobi Asobase) it never failed to made to make me laugh with Chio's OTT antics whilst showcasing just how the best of friends would act in Chio and Manana. 7/10

Harukana Receive (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A pretty good final episode, and a decent series overall with good art and animation and a really likeable cast of characters. Yes the series has it's fanservice but doesn't go over the top with it. I also really like how the series focused on the partner aspect of beach volleyball while showcasing just how tense matches are whilst being comfortable as well. This has been definitely been one of the better sports anime that I have seen. 7/10

Happy Sugar Life (Sub) Episode 11

Tsukigakirei episodes 11-12 (Complete) - A romance series that built up to a wholesome and good ending for the main pair with many feels on the way. 8/10

How to Keep a Mummy episodes 11-12 (Complete) - An interesting story on yokai with a many cute moments and a cast of likable characters. 8/10

Harukana Receive episode 12 (Complete) - The comfier sports anime of the season with great character dynamics and music. 8/10

Last edited:
Magical Girl Raising Project (dub) - episode 8

Okay so is EVERY I can empathise with or enjoy watching going to be unceremoniously and cruelly murdered?! Leaving me with all the people I don't care for!?

Last edited:
Back