The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Is there a difference with ordering from UP1 or UP1USA? (aside from being charged in dollars) I've noticed some items are slightly cheaper from the US site.
The only main differences are:
  • You pay in US Dollars instead of British Pound.
  • I do not believe PayPal is available in the US side (whereas the UK side does).
  • You will need to have a separate account as the UK & US sides are not linked (so for instance if you move location don't forget to update both the UK side and US side to avoid confusion).
  • Be aware of the usual bank charges depending on who your bank provider is (HSBC, TBS, Lloyds etc.) due to paying in US Dollars.

The only main differences are:
  • You pay in US Dollars instead of British Pound.
  • I do not believe PayPal is available in the US side (whereas the UK side does).
  • You will need to have a separate account as the UK & US sides are not linked (so for instance if you move location don't forget to update both the UK side and US side to avoid confusion).
  • Be aware of the usual bank charges depending on who your bank provider is (HSBC, TBS, Lloyds etc.) due to paying in US Dollars.
Yeah doing a bit of research I realised it'd be easier to use UP1 UK if I buy the K-on premium edition.

Unexpected post-work haul. DVDs from CEX, magazine from WH Smith.

IMG_20180721_152234781.jpg

Witch Hunter Robin
I missed the chance to see this years ago. My local library used to have a copy, but by the time I got round to borrowing it, it had gone missing from stock. My local HMV had a copy in a blue-cross sale as well, back when they'd gone into administration. I didn't buy it, though.

Well, would you believe it? More than five years later, this is that exact same copy!
IMG_20180721_153812025.jpg

@~AyaMachi~ tells me the show's nothing that memorable, but I couldn't resist. It's more than I normally would've paid, but... YOLO.

Zeoraima
I bought this for the old-school animation, having watched a trailer years ago.

Eureka Seven AO parts 1& 2
This is a future investment for when I eventually get AL's Eureka Seven BDs at some point. @HWR gave it a decent write-up recently as well. What a bargain price, though.

Now I just need to look out for a copy of Goodnight, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers.

Lupin III: The Secret of Mamo
For £3, why the hell not?

And issue 178 of NEO magazine.

View attachment 4236

Witch Hunter Robin
I missed the chance to see this years ago. My local library used to have a copy, but by the time I got round to borrowing it, it had gone missing from stock. My local HMV had a copy in a blue-cross sale as well, back when they'd gone into administration. I didn't buy it, though.

Well, would you believe it? More than five years later, this is that exact same copy!

@~AyaMachi~ tells me the show's nothing that memorable, but I couldn't resist. It's more than I normally would've paid, but... YOLO.

Zeoraima

This is a future investment for when I eventually get AL's Eureka Seven BDs at some point. @HWR gave it a decent write-up recently as well. What a bargain price, though.

ES AO isn't bad tbh, certainly not for £4!

View attachment 4236

Witch Hunter Robin

Zeoraima

It was years ago since I saw it but it really wasn't my cup of tea if I'm honest; I'm not into supernatural thriller stuff really (animation is pretty decent though from what I remember). See what you think! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 4236

Witch Hunter Robin

Zeoraima

It’ll be interesting to see what you make of robin, I have a differing opinion on it and do very much appreciate the show. You’ll have to share your thoughts on it when you watch it!

It’ll be interesting to see what you make of robin, I have a differing opinion on it and do very much appreciate the show. You’ll have to share your thoughts on it when you watch it!
I remember catching the first episode of Robin and the first episode of Ergo Proxy a good few years ago somewhere on (ahem) the high seas, and it was Ergo that made the biggest impression on me by far. (It's one of my all-time favourites.)

It'll be interesting to finally get a chance to see the full series of Robin, though. I'll post something in Viewing Journal in due course. :)

Looking again at your post @Neil.T I also recall HMVs sale featuring those blue crosses. I remember buying the Arrow Video editions of Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead for quite cheap (the former now being rather expensive to acquire.) kinda wish I kept the sticker for nostalgia tbh.

kinda wish I kept the sticker for nostalgia tbh.
Funny you should mention that, because I intend to keep that blue-cross sticker on my copy of Witch Hunter Robin.

Those HMV sales were neat, though. The first one was 20% off stickered items, and the second was "buy two stickered items, get the cheapest free". I bought Roujin Z and Welcome to the Space Show as a pair.

Funny you should mention that, because I intend to keep that blue-cross sticker on my copy of Witch Hunter Robin.

Those HMV sales were neat, though. The first one was 20% off stickered items, and the second was "buy two stickered items, get the cheapest free". I bought Roujin Z and Welcome to the Space Show as a pair.
As I recall I got Dawn and Day around the time my local HMV was moving to another location, and the sets were already reduced so I got them for like £14 each.

Edit:
Dawn Of The Dead (Blu-ray) Arrow Video, 3-Discs [Region Free] Genuine UK Release | eBay
£50, with one listing being almost £100
IMG_1535.JPG

As I recall I got Dawn and Day around the time my local HMV was moving to another location, and the sets were already reduced so I got them for like £14 each.

Edit:
Dawn Of The Dead (Blu-ray) Arrow Video, 3-Discs [Region Free] Genuine UK Release | eBay
£50, with one listing being almost £100

Not sure why you'd pay that much money for that release, you could import the Italian 4K release, which has 5 discs, covering every cut of the film and bonus feature you could possibly ask for! I should really get a hold of it myself...

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01LTHL0IS/ref=emc_b_5_t

Back