Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia Season 3 (Dub) Episode 13

Asobi Asobase (Sub) Episode 2
Very funny. The facial reactions to the comedy nearly had me busting a gut it's that good.😂

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 16

High Score Girl (Sub) Episode 1
A show about a Rich girl who is obsessed with playing arcade games (eg Street Fighter II) and getting high scores. A few funny moments thrown in, but the animation is horrible.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san OVA (Sub)
Pool episode.

Music Girls (Sub) Episode 2
Hanako's arrival and ideas are questioned by Uori.

Non Non Biyori (Sub) Episode 3 - 9

Revue Starlight (Sub) Episode 1
A pantomime type stage show series with song and dance set in school. It seems like there will be a lot of rivalries within the troupe.

The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar (Sub) Episode 2

The Seven Heavenly Virtues Specials (Sub) (Uncensored) Episode 1 - 2
The virtues continue their search for a messiah but end up in more awkward situations.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Sub) Episode 1
Pretty good start and a faithful adoption. Having read the manga, I knew what I was in for (comedy and fanservice). Definitely going to continue to watch this.

Hinamatsuri (complete)
Was good. 9/10 for me.
Cells at Work (episode 2)
I really like this series and its very educational. Looking forward to the next one now.
ISLAND (episode 3) (on hold)
I was thinking of dropping this but as this season is packed I'm gonna just put it on hold. If nothing else it does have a bit of a story so I'm gonna let some episodes build up and watch a few at a time later in the season.
The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (episode 2)
This is another one I was thinking of dropping but I'm gonna be generous and see if it does anything in episode 3.
Asobi Asobase - workshop of fun (episode 2)
The daft faces they pull in this one are funny yes, but those alone seem to shadow the story and the characters. It becomes "funny faces - the animation". It does have some funny bits but can anyone remember what the characters are called because I can't :(
The Asterisk War (episodes 1-9)
This has all been done before in other anime so isn't original by any means, but its mindless fun you don't have to think about I suppose.

More episode 2s

Music Girls ep 2
There's always one. I think by the end she was being mean just to keep up her appearance of the professional one!

Planet With ep 2
Quite a funny opening, which makes it more of a parody. And we learn a bit more about who the various factions are which seems to be taking it seriously, so bit of mixed messaging.

Cells at Work! ep 2
Another educational episode whilst also being fun and action packed. Only thing I find a bit weird is the bugs erupting in a shower of blood, probably better to be a splatter of the same colour as the bug.

Asobi Asobase ep 2
I'm not really getting the comedy or liking the overreacting faces. Ironically I am liking both OP and ED even though musically they couldn't be more different from each other. I'll give it one more episode.

Akira (2001 dub)
Very good film, but even after watching dozens of times and reading the manga (realised I finished reading it just over a year ago already!) it still is very confusing at the end.
Probably should have gone with the sub as it's the 30th anniversary of the Japanese release, but I watched that the last time I saw the film. Would have watched it with the 88 dub as I've seen it the least, but it's only in stereo and I was using my surround sound headphones.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 16
Aoi starts getting her self ingratiated with help from a surprise visitor.

Dropkick on my Devil!! ep 2
Not as funny as the first episode. Weird that Medusa is dressed as an Egyptian when she was from Greek myth! Although a quick search on Google suggests that the Greeks may have nicked the idea of a powerful woman diety associated with snakes off the Egyptians.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 12
No big revelations this week so probably not worth a thread of its on.
Moving moment at the end though, although watching the dub means when the song plays over the credits at the end in the original Japanese it's a bit odd seeing as the characters were singing in English during the episode, I guess it comes down to not having enough time to translate the whole song, rejig the words so the English version fits the tune and then record it (at least Funi put subs up for the song, I was checking them against the subs during the episode ie when the characters were singing and discovered Crunchyroll didn't bother at the end!) and I assume that was Okabe learning the song from Kagari and thus completing the circle after the credits.

Dropkick on my Devil! episode 2 I'm enjoying this quite a bit-seeing Jashin get reprimanded for her behaviour is very amusing.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) episode 9 An interesting episode for sure, kept me second guessing for the first half.

Holmes of Kyoto episode 2 This weeks mystery leans a little closer to home. I honestly clocked this one fairly early on.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 16 Feels like the plot is building to something, hoping it continues picks up from the retreading of last week. Aoi and Oodanna also had a nice scene together.

Phantom in the Twilight episode 2 This is rather watchable despite some reactions I've read, it's nothing special but it's fine.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 12 This whole song paradox reminds me of the Song of Storms from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time (Though in this case it'd be Okabina of Time.)

Flying Witch episodes 1-12 (Complete. This is one of the best SoL anime I've seen in that it revels in its simplicity with a loveable cast and some fun magical antics. Sometimes less is more, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of FW because of this. Elements such as this are what elevate an SoL for me, and FW delivers nicely.) 4/5

South Park Season One (With commentaries) episodes 1-13 (Complete. It's nice rewatching these older episodes with the cleaned up animation and Matt Stone and Trey Parkers' commentaries.)

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 9

Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 24

Dropkick on My Devil!! (Sub) Episode 2
Not as funny or gory as the previous ep but still entertaining seeing Jashin getting reprimanded for her antics.

Encouragement of Climb 3rd Season (Sub) Episode 3

Hanebado! (Sub) Episode 3
Ayano's past is revealed, and Nagisa gets some character development.

Holmes of Kyoto (Sub) Episode 2
A mystery case a little closer to home. Pretty easy to figure out the culprit early on.

ISLAND (Sub) Episode 3
The mystery surrounding Rinne begins to unfold, and Setsuna receives a shocking request from Karen.

Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai OAV (Sub)

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 16
Aoi's temporary integration within Orio-ya is met with more hostility, but receives help from a surprising visitor.

One Room Season 2 (Sub) Episode 2

Phantom in the Twilight (Sub) Episode 2
Another enjoyable episode, but nothing special.

Planet With (Sub) Episode 2

Devilman Crybaby (complete)
Finally got round to finishing it off. Very much overrated.

Holmes of Kyoto (episode 2)
I think this episode will be more in-line with the tone of the series on a whole.

Angels of Death (episode 1)
The second episode is available for me to try tonight, was just a bit knackered afterwards or I would've watched it. See where this one goes.

Holmes of Kyoto ep 2
I got it half right. I pinned one sister (the one who was to be in the festival), but not the other as well.

Island ep 3
The "acting" at the beginning was quite funny.

Hanebado! ep 3
Anime is full of selfish parents! I can see Ayano ending up facing off against her mums prodigy.

Anglomois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 2
Still has that weird filter, looks like parchment and actually works OK on still shots, but when the camera moves it's very off putting.

Right up to date with shows from this season, now to start on the second season of a show whose third season starts on Sunday:
Attack on Titan s2 eps 1-3 (sub)
Starting to recall who some of the characters are.

Black Clover episode 41 BC brings us a new character and more training. Oh and someone help poor Marilyn Manson there pls.

Mr. TONEGAWA Middle Management Blues episode 3 [On-Hold] With so much to watch each week this just isn't holding my attention that much. Maybe I'll revisit it once I've rewatched Kaiji but the tone just wasn't doing much for me.

Overlord III episode 2 Some interesting setup for what's to come.

The Incredibles 2 (Film) A solid follow up with a lot of fun action and witty dialogue. Shame the villain and plot weren't quite as good as the first film. 3.5/5

GATE episodes 1-6

South Park Season Two Watched a handful of episodes, this isn't one of the stronger seasons but it does have some greats.

Non Non Biyori (Sub) Episode 10 - 12 + OVA (Complete)
A decent SoL about 4 girls who live in the countryside and their daily lives/adventures there. A few comedic moments throughout the series but still enjoyable. 7.5/10

Non Non Biyori Repeat (Sub) Episode 1 - 12 + OVA (Complete)
Pretty much the same as the first series, however the comedy side is even funnier this season and more enjoyable. 8/10

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord episodes 1-2 - Okay this is actually kinda decent for a generic isekai series

Fate/Zero episodes 3-14

Harukana Receive
episode 2

Holmes of Kyoto episode 2

Overlord 3 (episode 2)
Better than the previous episode - this one felt similar to season 2 unlike last weeks "day off".
Angels of Death (episode 2)
More elements of the mystery are introduced. Nothing overly original but fun all the same so I'll stick with it.
Yuuna and The Haunted Hot Springs (episode 1)
See if it improves I suppose?
Dropkick on My Devil (episode 2)
Not as good as the first one. I think this'll end up being light filler that I won't feel bad if I miss.

Darling in the franxx 15-22
For something that started so well I’m very disappointed in how this has turned out.

Attack on Titan season 2 1-5
Figured I’d get it out the way.

Cells at Work ep2

The platelets are pretty moe, but I find the most appealing thing about this show so far is just the design of the 'inner world' - the opening up of the scrape wound, visualised as a massive sink hole, was impressive to look at.

Lupin III: Part 5 ep15

I like the general ambiguity over who is in the right in this arc, but it's not been my favourite one so far.

Back