General Cartoons Thread

aka the best animated show on right now
That’s not how you spell Ballmastrz 9009.

A combination of a terrible airing schedule and terrible pacing in the show itself saw me drop out of SU a good while ago. Will pick it up again some day no doubt, but when I waited months for new episodes then watched like five in a row and still barely anything happened with the main plot, it was a bit aggravating.

That’s not how you spell Ballmastrz 9009.

A combination of a terrible airing schedule and terrible pacing in the show itself saw me drop out of SU a good while ago. Will pick it up again some day no doubt, but when I waited months for new episodes then watched like five in a row and still barely anything happened with the main plot, it was a bit aggravating.

So you've not seen the big reveal with Pink Diamond?.......if so then holy cow you need to get back into it ASAP

Season 1 of Rick And Morty is finally out on DVD and Blu Ray in the UK. Considering how long it's been out in the US, this is long overdue

Also Legend Of Korra is finally out on Blu Ray in the UK in a complete series set but only on Amazon

Also Cartoon Network posted another Steven Universe/Dove Self Esteem Project commercial featuring Smokey Quartz and Sardonyx

And?
He has 1000 followers and 200 subscribers on his YouTube. Clearly stirring up s*** just to get a reaction, the same with a lot of his Tweets by the looks of it. Same with a lot of people on Twitter, in fact. So who cares?

Not that I particularly have an opinion as, apart from Disenchantment, I don't think seen a series of Western animation since Futurama finished.

I haven't watched Steven Universe in it's entirity, but I do love the animation style of it. I love the colour palettes used and the overall squashy, rounded look to it! I caught some of it on CN a few times - not sure what season/episodes, but Peridot was there and I found her quite amusing 😄 😅 😆

I only wish they'd feature my name as a character, since it's a gem (sort of...kind of...okay maybe it's not)! 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Don't see the need for a language warning tbh. As for that Crunchyroll cartoon crap I wish they would've made the thing stand on its own merit rather than it's preachy agenda about muh diversity and inclusiveness, because this is yet another example of inclusiveness through exclusion.

Using their own logic then the writing team should have included males and people of color, but I only see white female feminists including a man hater that wishes for all men to kill themselves.

The biggest mistake they made is basing the first trailer on a political agenda instead of its creative merit. No wonder why people are pissed and then they decided to close the comment section and ratings on YouTube making the backlash even bigger. Go and figure.

Heck I haven't even started about the flash(!!) player in 2018 yet. I'm glad I decided to support the industry directly by buying merch from Japan instead of a company that's too lazy to fix stuff and geoblocking stuff in the Netherlands.

Edit: as for the cartoon style, personal preference I guess. I think it looks kinda cute, but its not going to be something original like they claimed it would be though.

Last edited:
Watched the series finale for Adventure Time and was very impressed. It's conclusive enough that it left me satisfied but also open-ended enough to allow for further seasons if they ever wanted to do more in the future.

Watched the series finale for Adventure Time and was very impressed. It's conclusive enough that it left me satisfied but also open-ended enough to allow for further seasons if they ever wanted to do more in the future.

If CN ever decide to bring back AT, they need to tread carefully as their track record with reboots/revivals has been spotty at best. PPG 2016 is the best example of that.
That being said that was quite the finale.......and that
PB/Marceline kiss
that's the second time CN have allowed that sort of thing. Guess it's the norm now

If CN ever decide to bring back AT, they need to tread carefully as their track record with reboots/revivals has been spotty at best. PPG 2016 is the best example of that.
That being said that was quite the finale.......and that
PB/Marceline kiss
that's the second time CN have allowed that sort of thing. Guess it's the norm now
True, Adventure Time Go! would kill me inside. My main nitpick was that Finn and Huntress Wizard had no dialogue together which was a shame considering how well they got on.

Back