Your viewing journal

Cutie Honey Universe ep11

Unsure what Danbei and Jubei were trying to achieve by dressing up as Brazillian carnival dancers, but that was probably the funniest gag with them so far.

Golden Kamuy episode 3. After much procrastination I'm back to watching this series

UmaMusume episode 13, Complete. This show really turned out a lot better than I expected and was honestly one of the best shows this season.

Crossing Time episodes 1-10

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 2 episode 22

Magical Girl Ore episodes 9-11

Violet Evergarden eps 10-13 (end) with my oldest daughter, this was her first time seeing this. She said it was good...

I'm actually going to show this series at my next Sunday Movie Marathon - or rather, Sunday Animation Marathon - in my theater 4 weeks from today. We'll go through all 13 episodes starting at 1 pm, with a short break or two and to pickup hot sandwiches for supper, finishing up around 8 pm or so. I think the older-aged crowd that comes to my theater showings should really appreciate this series. I'm hoping to be able to show it in Japanese with subtitles, but if my guests have too much trouble with the subs, I can switch over to English - but only with much angst, as the English dub is pretty bad for this series. It loses so much of the emotional impact you get with the Japanese voice acting.

Last edited:
B-b-but Yuru Yuri is amazing!

14a.gif
Oh my goodness my hair does this too!

Grave of the Fireflies (sub)
The next Ghiblicast is up.
Every time I watch this film I change my mind as to who is the most to blame for the death of the kids. When I first watched it, I was like "what an awful aunt" for her attitude, but later I was like "what a stubborn bastard the brother is".
This time, knowing a little more about things, I can see that they're both to blame in different ways and they also represent attitudes of the time. The aunt represents the society/wartime attitude of we're all in this together and if you don't muck in you're worthless and the brother represents the stubbornness of the military and the leaders in the face of the inevitable. And both the kids represent the death of the dream sold to their generation by the leaders.
It's a great film warning of the fruitlessness of war with some excellent directing, art and soundtrack. The character design of the sister is a little weird sometimes and the rosie cheeks looks like she's wearing rouge which is a little off putting. Some of the scenes are fairly slow, but deliberately so and the film is only an hour and a half so doesn't feel as unneeded as some of the scenes I mentioned in the other 2 films so far.
9/10

Wakaba*Girl eps 6-13 (complete)
More fun shorts with topics including firework festival, school cultural festival, sports day, New Years, and snow day.
Fun little series.
7/10

Crossing Time ep 11
Majima-san and Tanishi are back.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 12
An eventful day at the Tenjin-ya. The front desk manager from the rival inn suggests that Ginji might have a ulterior motive and then he shows up at the end in distress!

Golden Kamuy ep 11
A run in with another crazy person who turns out to be another prisoner. So many d*ck jokes! According to MAL next week is the finale, I don't see it myself. It's got to be a read the manga ending or cliffhanger for the next season ending or it'll be a rush job!

Steins;Gate 0 ep 8
That was a bit like watching the most heart breaking moments of season 1. After all the times Mayuri died and episode 22 when Okabe and Kurisu said goodbye. I'm guessing the Russians used Kurisus research that her dad stole to build a time machine and that's how he jumped. And at the end he seemed to be still in the alpha timeline, but earlier.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) episode 6 More robot tournament fighting and Sosuke hatches a scheme.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 12 Aoi discovers the woes of gravity and Ataksuki learns to get along with the children at the inn. Oh and another cliffhanger (the second one this episode)

Magical Girl Ore episode 12 (Complete. a ridiculous premise that managed not to run stale for the most part and instead maintained an entertaining vibe with fun action and set pieces. Another unexpected surprise of the season.) 3/5/5

Railroad Crossing Time episode 11 The return of the horny buzzcut teen. Also I can't hear the name Majima without thinking of a certain eyepatch wearing nutjob from the Yakuza franchise.

Space Battleship Tiramasu episode 12 The plot actually continues to proceed.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 8 Okabe suffers even more, and finds himself on another bad world line.

Yowamushi Pedal episodes 25-32

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 6

Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 20

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (Dub) Episode 1 - 12 (Complete)
Very good series, As good as the original if not better. 8.5/10

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan (Sub) Episode 10
Hisone comes to terms with her feelings for Okonogi and makes a surprising decision.

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 11
Beauty and the horny buzzcut pervert.

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 12
Aoi's yokai troubles continue and Akatsuki is given a lesson in dealing with children.

Magical Girl Ore (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Overall a rather entertaining series that surprisingly managed to stay on track with the comedy aspects dispite it's ridiculous premise.

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 12

Space Battleship Tiramisu (11-12)
I've enjoyed this so far as stupid as it can be. Still didn't really like the talking pube though :confused:
Crossing Time (11)
Didn't like this one, much prefered the two-parter from last week.
Hinato Note (1)
This went on hold at some point last year, so I've watched the first episode again to remind me what it was all about and updated MAL. I'll give it a chance and see what happens.

I was thinking I might make a start on Magical Girl Ore tonight.

Ep 11 of Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori
Ep 11 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These ...the last sequence with all the imperial ships taking off from the capital was just beautiful.

Back