Your viewing journal

Black Clover episode 33 Some backstory for the Siscon, doesn't make him any less creepy though.

Steins;Gate Zero episode 4 Some intriguing world line jumping here, wonder how it'll all piece together by the end of the series.

Tokyo Ghoul: re episode 8 So far so good with adapting this arc, hopefully they don't rush through it too much.

Yotsuiro Biyori episode 7 Making Matcha ice cream and nice veggie curry.

Sengoku Basara 2 episodes 7-12 (Complete. Another season of battle and strategy, similar to the first and still fun.) 3.5/5

Deadpool 2 (Film) A worthy follow up to the original, managing to balance hilarity with more serious scenes and issues. This worked well because it wasn't a constant series of one-liners, but had a solid plot and great action. Definitely recommend. 4/5

Ace attorney 1-12
I’m now interested in the games.

FMP season 4 1-3
This is looking like a very interesting season.

Steins gate:0 4

Golden kamuy 4

Crossing Time ep 7
Poetry in motion.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 8
Aoi gets into trouble again. I'm guessing the Master will turn up and save her again. Seems he's been watching over her since she was young.
Magus' Bride vibes
There are a lot of similarities. Both of the female MCs have tragic backstories. Aoi seems more independent, but at the same time needs more help than Chise. I hope if they're going for at first resistant, but then fall in love that it feels a bit more earnt than AMB. The art is not quite as good as AMB, see the shape of the moon changing from one scene to the next, but there's none of the chibi reactions.
The AMB manga started 3 years before the novel from which this is adapted. I'm guessing the author thought that's a good idea, let's do that but with Japanese folk stories.

Tokyo Ghoul: re ep 8
This reminds me that I haven't seen Pinto (or Jack) yet.

LotGH: Die Neue These ep 8
The MCs on the Galactic Empire side are improving their standing and gaining allies.

Golden Kamuy ep 7
Martial art moves on a horse 😲
And another cliffhanger ending.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 4
A new character is introduced, sort of. Intrigued to find out how a 10 year old got a gun and why she wants to stop Suzuha.
A thought just popped into my head, with red hair it could be Kurisu and with the shift in dimensions that Okabe felt she could have been sent to the future as a young girl to be sent back in time and thus she needed the machine to give to the temple for safe keeping like the person in the original series did and then faked her own death, and now is back for the machine to build the time machine again.

I could be wrong though, the character on the far right at the end of the OP shows the adult form of the girl as she's holding the same toy the child had, the hair colour is a bit darker though more brown than red so could be a different person with the colouring changed in this episode as a red herring!

Kurau Phantom Memory eps 19 & 20
Approaching the end game. Never seen a mass murder shown in such beautiful and ethereal way!

Tokyo Ghoul: re ep 8
This reminds me that I haven't seen Pinto (or Jack) yet.

LotGH: Die Neue These ep 8
The MCs on the Galactic Empire side are improving their standing and gaining allies.

Golden Kamuy ep 7
Martial art moves on a horse 😲
And another cliffhanger ending.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 4
A new character is introduced, sort of. Intrigued to find out how a 10 year old got a gun and why she wants to stop Suzuha.
A thought just popped into my head, with red hair it could be Kurisu and with the shift in dimensions she could have been sent to the future as a young girl to be sent back in time and thus she needed the machine to give to the temple for safe keeping like the person in the original series did and then faked her own death, and now is back for the machine to build the time machine again.

I could be wrong though, the character on the far right at the end of the OP shows the adult form of the girl as she's holding the same toy the child had, the hair colour is a bit darker though more brown than red so could be a different person with the colouring changed in this episode as a red herring!

Kurau Phantom Memory eps 19 & 20
Approaching the end game. Never seen a mass murder shown in such beautiful and ethereal way!
The Tokyo Ghoul OVAs are great, and are more faithful adaptations of their source material. Wish they would make more to cover the stories told in the novels.

Soul Eater (Rewatch) episodes 1-14 This is a fun series, but I can seldom stand Blackstar, though at least they can tone him down when necessary.

Lupin III: Part V ep8

I think the show is definitely at its best when things are going bang; subtle character beats, not so much. Goemon still proving he is the most moe man alive though.

Megalo Box ep 8
Keep fighting for your dream.

Comic Girls ep 8
Wan Nyan Nyan Wan - test time.
Keep drawing to reach your dream.

TadaKoi ep 8
Keep working hard to reach your dream.
The gang go on a trip to take photos of the stars. Lovely scene when the stars finally come out.

WotaKoi ep 7
Keep, erm, gaming to reach your dream!
Hilarious episode with the gang playing an MMO and then having separate dinners. The argument between Narumi and Hanako as to which of their boyfriends would be on top if they were in a yaoi was funny as well, even if I didn't fully understand their reasoning for their choices.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Episodes 1-7

It's pretty good, if a wee bit slow and incredibly concerned with military strategy and making all of the military leaders bar the two main characters dumb as bricks. I am liking what I'm led to believe is the best part of the show, the characters themselves, it's nice to see some in-depth back stories and motivations this early on in a series. Reinhard and Siegfried are interesting now, Yang is getting there even if he does seem a bit of a goody two-shoes right now. Oberstein is definitely intriguing, have my eye on him. I was concerned this whole thing was going to be a bit of a sausage festival until Yoshiko's character turned up, but Yoshiko always makes things better. I hope I don't have to remember all the named characters though, because when they started introducing every last one of Reinhard's subordinates in quick succession I think all that information may have pushed something important out of my brain. The use of classical music is nice, makes this space opera suitably operatic.

Best inappropriate laugh: When Jessica finds out her fiancée is dead and it does the standard "piano slam" sound effect to underline that something dramatic has happened, only to cut and show that she's actually collapsed onto a piano keyboard. I genuinely laughed out loud, that felt like it belonged in a Mel Brooks film.

There's something really strange going on with the animation that maybe someone will be able to enlighten me on as I can't seem to find any answers - Sometimes it looks how I'd expect animation from the late '80s to look, other times it looks almost brand new, like bits have been completely re-animated seemingly at random. This was especially obvious in episode 7, where it would even cut between characters in the same scene and one would look like grainy hand-painted cels and the other would look like they were perfectly digitally painted. I'd have put it down to weird use of DNR, if the linework on the newer looking animation wasn't actually clearer than the old looking stuff.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generation episode 59 More cheating and decent tournament action.

Comic Girls episode 8 Being Kaos is suffering. However in typical SoL/CGDCT fashion they manage to dress it up to be endearing and cute. If Kaos doesn't have a manga sorted by the end of the series it'll be a waste.

Megalo Box episode 8 Interesting twists and turns lead Joe back to the ring.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku episode 7 Some fun in-game content and a funny set of evening conversations. Poor Hirotaka getting his looks bashed though. It's not as if the characters look that different in this series...

Soul Eater (Rewatch) episodes 15-30

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 17

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 8
Believing in oneself and never giving up by continuing to draw to reach your dream.

Lost Song (Sub) Episode 8
Finnis's backstory is revealed and isn't good at all. Beaten, burnt at the steak, commiting suicide, watching the man she loves with another woman, and seeing the planet's destruction over and over again, while being unable to die.

Tada Never Falls in Love (Sub) Episode 8
Really good episode, That scene when the stars finally come out, BEAUTIFUL.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Sub) Episode 7
Hilarious, The whole Yaoi argument between Hanako and Narumi about their boyfriend's was funny as hell. LOL!

Comic Girls (episode 8)
It makes me think is this a pen?

Shimoneta (compete)
I really liked the idea but it didn't much. Funny though.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight (dub) (complete)
Not sure why I bothered finishing this.

Steins;Gate 0 (episode 7)
It's gone in a different direction to the choices (if you can call them that) I made in the game now so there's that at least. I get the impression it'll drag in the second cour though.

Kurau Phantom Memory eps 21-24
Ending felt a bit rushed and not everything fully wrapped up. Also most of 24 was concerned with Happy Ending™ I think it could have served the tone better if Kurau had disappeared completely, but you still could have the sentimental "she lives on inside" stuff and keep hints that the Rynax version returned to Christmas.
Overall it was quite an enjoyable show with some good action and lots of moving moments. The overall theme of companionship was well done, although there were some leaps in logic with the sci-fi stuff. The soundtrack is great as well.
8/10

Hinamatsuri ep 8
Hina is tested, with some amusing questions, as to whether it's safe to let her return home. Some not so subtle hints to Nitta after she decides to go!

Magical Girl Site ep 8
Beach episode! And a genuinely touching scene as the cliffhanger from last week is revealed.
Then it finds its edge again with the worst panty scene ever, as Ayas brothers scheme is revealed.

Back