The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Activision and Toys for Bobs have officially revealed the remake/remaster of the first three Spyro the Dragon PlayStation 1 games for current generation. So far only PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have been announced so Nintendo Switch is probably later on.

Pre-orders are now available at £34.99 on Amazon for PS4 & XBO.

Microsoft have announced the second batch of Original Xbox titles coming to Xbox One as part of their backwards compatibility service.

Available starting 17th April:
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3
Available starting 26th April:
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando

Pretty excited for this but I just know my PS4 Pro is gonna sound like a god damn jet engine trying to run it, I mean it's bad enough with Monster Hunter World :p can't wait though.
No kidding My standard PS4 can barely run The Witcher 3 without almost launching into orbit.

I wear my headphones 100% of the time while playing so I never really notice the noise thankfully.

Feel a bit sorry for the neighbours though lol. :p

SEGA have announced a few things:
  • SEGA Ages for Nintendo Switch.
  • Mega Drive Mini
  • Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remasters for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2018
  • Shin Sakura Taisen (new Sakura Wars project)

Last edited:
Shenmue details:
  • 1080p resolution
  • New control scheme, can switch between original and updated
  • Dual language, English or Japanese, switch subtitles or audio
  • New UI interface
  • Retail copies as well as digital versions

Never played the Shenmue series before so this will be an opportunity to play them for the first time.

Can't wait for Shenmue HD, I always wanted to try the series so I'm glad it's getting remastered. Also interested in the Sakura Wars game, hopefully it will get a western release.

It's obviously was going to get remastered when they saw the overwhelming fan response to Shenmue III
Apparently it was supposed to be revealed last year but it got delayed due to Shenmue III's game development being delayed also. Either way I'm happy that not only it's coming out but also it's getting a retail release which is neat.

SHENMUE HD!!! Oh man I'm so glad all you guys and girls are going to get to play Shenmue (those of you who haven't already). It's the best thing ever. Oh man, it's all finally happened, Shenmue 3 on it's way and Shenmue HD confirmed. People have been campaigning for these games for years, including myself. This is so gratifying.

I'm glad you can keep the original control scheme. It's not very intuitive, but I've come to love it. And if any game deserved an HD release it's Shenmue, those two games are stunning, it's a lavishy, obsessively crafted world. There's truly nothing like it. I feel like I should be popping the cork on a vintage bottle of vino to celebrate this. This is weirdly big thing in my life actually.

The PC release of Ys 8 is now available at full price and it's already a bloody mess. Better grab some popcorn for this.

unknown.png

Monster Hunter XX is heading west for the Nintendo Switch on 28th August. This is also known as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Yes you can transfer your 3DS save data into the Switch version.

Back