The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

It's only Red Dead Redemption. Personally enjoyed the first, but not enough to tie me in. I'll be interested to see how this fairs mind you, so shall see how it goes.

Hey, can anyone confirm for me if the new Dynasty Warriors is no longer co-op please?

My Bro and I would hang out playing it. Worried that's now over as we dont want to buy the game twice to hang out not in the same room etc as we already have to do when playing OW on speaker phone lol.

The NIS America Press Event Announcements

R = Retail release
D = Digital release

Coming within the next few months:
  • The 25th Ward: The Silver Case [PlayStation 4 (NISA LE only/D), Steam (D)]
    Release Date: 16th March
  • Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory [Switch (R/D)]
    Release Date: 1st June
  • The Longest Five Minutes [Switch (R/D), Vita (D), Steam (D)]
    Release Date: 16th February
  • The Lost Child [PlayStation 4 (R/D), Vita (D)]
    Release Date: Summer 2018
  • Penny-Punching Princess [Switch (R/D), Vita (D)]
    Release Date: 30th March
  • SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy [PlayStation 4 (R/D), Switch (R/D)]
  • The Witch And The Hundred Knight 2 [PlayStation 4 (R/D)]
    Release Date: 30th March
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [Switch (R/D)]
New announcements:
  • Assault Spy [Steam Early Access (D)]
    Release Date: May 2018
  • Happy Birthdays [Switch (R/D)]
  • Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dust [PlayStation 4 (R/D), Switch (R/D), Steam (D)]
    Release Date: Autumn 2018
  • Touhou Genso Wanderer -Reloaded- [PlayStation 4 (R/D), Switch (R/D)]
    Release Date: 2018

We have two brand new Kingdom Hearts III trailers thanks to D23 Japan.

The trailers introduces the world of Monsters Inc. (which got leaked months back), re-confirming Tangled, and we also have a brand new opening theme by Hikaru Utada who is returning after going on hiatus from music (she came back with a new album if I recall).

Release date is still 2018 but rumours suggest an official release date will be revealed at E3 2018.

Looks awesome, theme song is alright (it's no Sanctuary though.) If this does actually make the 2018 release date I'll be very pleased.

The Shining Resonance port of the PS3 version is coming to the west :D
Shining! As in Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force? Absolutely loved SF 1 & 2 on the Mega Drive. Once, after the battery for the save data died, me and my mate stayed up all night to play through 1!
Still have a copy of both of them from the Mega Drive collection on the PS3.

I knew my patience would pay off! Bloodbourne is in next months PS Plus line-up! I remember Demon Souls coming to PS Plus and I didn’t download it, thus I resisted buying this after wanting to after playing Dark Souls 3!
PS Plus March line-up

EDIT: Just received an email from Sony saying as of next March, PS Plus games will be PS4 only.

Last edited:
Bloodborne is an incredible game that I have played to death at this point (but hey, I may reinstall to invade some of the new players, you know to say hello...) but great for people who skipped it. Pretty happy about Ratchet and Clank as I've wanted to play it.

As mentioned in the discord chat, it seems that Omega Labyrinth Z may have been potentially 'banned' in the UK according to one retailer who emailed their customers the reasoning for their orders being cancelled. So far a lot of retailers have pulled their listings but there's been no official statement from the publisher or any news reports for the past week (this was discovered on 28th February).

For those who don't know, Omega Labyrinth is a Dungeon RPG with a lot of heavy fanservice that involves the main lead of characters going to the dungeon to make their chests larger. It's a weird concept. Australian board as per usual refused classification which is no surprise.

Anyone know whats happened to the Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time UK digital release? I had heard it was scheduled for 20th February, but that's obviously been and gone with no further word...

Back