What Games Are You Playing?

I keep forgetting it's getting an anime. I'll probably watch it before I ever get around to playing, same with Steins;Gate Zero.
Yeah, caught the trailer this morning which reminded me. Gonna be a bit weird watching it in Japanese, I did start a replay with the Japanese VA track, but didn't get far as I had already put about 100 hours in.

Yeah, caught the trailer this morning which reminded me. Gonna be a bit weird watching it in Japanese, I did start a replay with the Japanese VA track, but didn't get far as I had already put about 100 hours in.
Yeah I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope without J. Michael Tatum as Okabe, his performance makes the series for me.

My copy of Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo Switch arrived today. This will be my first time playing it, I've already played through the original a couple of times and love it. I've only done 3 chapters so far, but i'm really enjoying it. There are so many improvements from the original, from the combat to the more colourful artstyle. Bayonetta herself is likable as always. And the soundtrack is great so far too.
Also, It also looks nice and runs great in handheld mode.

Maybe Arma III at 4k was a bad idea. I just turned off my PC and I think those crackling noises now coming from it are heatsinks contracting as they cool down.

I've been asked to write something about the PS3 game 'Haze.' So I dutifully nabbed a copy in CEX for a mere 50p.

(Just process that. I think you can still get a Mars Bar for 50p in my local greengrocer's. Ah well... at least I can use this for a coffee coaster.)

Put Yakuza 5 on hold to play Super Mario Odyssey. I'm finally making use of the JoyCon straps that came with the console.
Well I've completed the main story and now I'm doing post game collecting. Some of these moons are hidden behind some really scummy challenges, or maybe I just suck at the game. Yeah it's probably that (asides from jump rope and Volleyball, those than sod right off)

A lot of people seem very down on the Fallout 4: Nuka World expansion, but not me. In fact, I believe that buried somewhere in this very thread is a post I made expressing annoyance at the fact I couldn’t make friends with the raiders in Fallout 3 and reign as their king atop a throne of skulls. As such, it’s making me very happy.

Still incredibly jarring against the mandated background of the player character as a loving wife/husband and mother/father but I just try to forget the beginning of the game when I play now.

Here are the new titles I've completed & started recently:

P51.jpg

Completed Game #10:
Persona 5
[PlayStation 4]
Back in April 2017 I pre-ordered Persona 5 and managed to playthrough the first 12 hours of the game, aka the first arc. However I had to put the game on-hold to focus my time on University and due to the game's length I decided to focus on other things for a long time. So with the anime adaptation coming this April and the new Dancing spin-offs arriving this May, I finally continued progress with Persona 5 and officially finished a playthrough after 94 hours 10 minutes.

Persona 5, for those who don't know, is the fifth main instalment in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise's spin-off series Revelations: Persona. Persona 5 is the first main instalment to ditch the SMT name since the series grew in popularity with Persona 3 & 4. Much like the SMT games Persona 5 is a traditional role playing game where you & 3 other characters fight against shadows (i.e. demons from the SMT-verse) throughout the story. However, since Persona 3 the game is more focused on social links (called Confidants in this instalment) where you interact with other characters throughout a school academic year in Japan. That's right this game is set in a high school and you live through it, it's weird but it works really well and can make you feel attached to it.

DXD4owlWkAABI_a.jpg

Persona 5 is split into two areas; the normal daily life and the shadow world. The main focus is mostly towards the normal daily life as you live through school and interact with your fellow teammates throughout the story. There are a lot of things you can do such as studying, going to a cafe, hanging out with someone in need, or even building up your social statistics (Knowledge, Proficiency, Charm, Guts, Kindness) to unlock more ways to interact. Your Confidants are also part of your daily life but it is entirely optional, however it is recommended as each of them offer special rewards that will benefit you in the shadow world like better abilities and tactics against enemies. There is one challenge that you will face throughout your daily life ~ time management. You have to choose carefully on what you want to do each day because it is important as it will affect your outcomes later down the line in terms of tackling certain situations. You won't get a game over by all means with the exception of the shadow world requirements.

The shadow world is where you will spend time handling the RPG elements. Each world (called a palace) has an enemy you will face, and you will need to defeat him before the time is up, otherwise it is game over. Plus in each palace you have shadows to fight which can affect your progression. Time management isn't too much of a worry as it gives you plenty of room for error during your progression in each palace. The battle system itself is pretty simple and very easy to understand as it offers many ways to defeat a shadow and provide solutions to tackle the fight. The real issue you will encounter is your SP which lets you use your Persona's abilities like fire, ice, lightning, nukes, health, booster stats and more. SP will save you a lot during a fight and when it runs out you have no choice but to bail for the day. You can continue the fight in the next day but its recommended that you plan ahead and prepare yourself before proceeding against a wave of shadows and even the boss fight.

DW7D5atX4AA8xcY.png

So how's the story? It's much better than I was expecting. I won't be delving into spoilers but I found it to be very satisfying after finishing the game. Along the way I did have one issue but they rectified it which had a very surprising turnout. The biggest difference between Persona 5 and the previous instalments is down to the presentation. Persona 5 uses a modified version of Catherine's game engine and the anime cutscenes have improved a lot since the previous two Persona instalments. Production I.G animated the scenes and it looks great (it makes you wish they handled the anime adaptation instead of A-1 Pictures). The game also offers both the original Japanese audio as well as the English dub for the first time in the franchise but I went with the dub and I loved it a lot. In fact there's a lot more humour in this game compared to the previous ones which was a nice welcome to see.

So overall Persona 5 is one of the best games I have played and I would say it's probably the best Persona game I've played between Persona 3 & 4 thus far. The characters are all memorable, the gameplay is fast-paced and flawless, the presentation looks great on the console and the story is pretty solid. It was also interesting that they brought back elements from previous SMT games such as the infinite tower style layout of Persona 3's Tartaros and the demon negotiations from the first two Persona games (& other SMT instalments) back into the mix. You can dive straight into Persona 5 without having to play the other games in the series, and you won't regret it. Just be aware that the first 10 hours of the game is basically a tutorial so the pacing may seem off if you aren't familiar with the franchise.

tumblr_ou2d5k95ro1vk74jjo1_400.gif

Makoto is best girl.

Persona 5 is available on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 in retail & digital form by Atlus and Deep Silver.

You can check out the other Shin Megami Tensei games on PlayStation 3's store (SMT 3: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Devil Summoner 1 & 2, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax) and also a couple titles on PlayStation Vita (Persona, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4: Dancing All Night) and Nintendo 3DS (SMT 4 & 4 Apocalypse, Devil Survivor 1 & 2, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Strange Journey). Atlus' next instalment for the Shin Megami Tensei & Persona franchises are Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night & Persona 5: Dancing Star Night for PlayStation 4 & Vita, and Shin Megani Tensei V for Nintendo Switch.

My backlog so far:
Nintendo 3DS:
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Tales of the Abyss

PlayStation 3:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Far Cry 3
Mafia II
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Soul Calibur V
Tales of Xillia 2

PlayStation 4:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash!
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Ys Origin

PlayStation Vita:
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Steam:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Completed Games Collection of 2018:
  • #01 | Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
  • #02 | Saints Row 2 (PS3)
  • #03 | Sengoku Basara HD (PS3)
  • #04 | Sengoku Basara 2 HD (PS3)
  • #05 | Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
  • #06 | Corpse Party: BloodCovered Repeated Fear (Vita)
  • #07 | Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Vita)
  • #08 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita)
  • #09 | Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
  • #10 | Persona 5 (PS4)

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita

Platinum Trophy Collection:
#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | 2017 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD
#39 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
#40 | 2018 | Vita - Corpse Party: Blood Drive

So overall Persona 5 is one of the best games I have played and I would say it's probably the best Persona game I've played between Persona 3 & 4 thus far.
Did you play 4 or 4 Golden (or both). I played Golden. I definitely liked P5 overall story and gameplay more than P4G, but....
The characters are all memorable
Not as good as P4G! Chie would kick Ann's ass, and Ryuji and Haru seemed to be cheap knock offs of Kanji and Yukiko. Teddy beats Morgana hands down (I think what made it worse was that dispite having a female name and VAs, both English and Japanese, 'he' insisted it was a 'he'!). Apart from....
tumblr_ou2d5k95ro1vk74jjo1_400.gif

Makoto is best girl.
YES. And Futaba who I also liked.

I will say I liked the Confidants side characters more in 5. Aside from the Dojimas, the nurse and of course Marie from Golden I can't really remember much about the rest.

What was the
one issue but they rectified it which had a very surprising turnout
?

Did you play 4 or 4 Golden (or both). I played Golden. I definitely liked P5 overall story and gameplay more than P4G, but....

Not as good as P4G! Chie would kick Ann's ass, and Ryuji and Haru seemed to be cheap knock offs of Kanji and Yukiko. Teddy beats Morgana hands down (I think what made it worse was that dispite having a female name and VAs, both English and Japanese, 'he' insisted it was a 'he'!). Apart from....

I have played the Golden version yes. Golden is also great but I had issues with some bits of it. The final act for Golden (i.e. the True End) was interesting but just came out of nowhere. Characters I felt were on the same level but I do agree that there were some comparisons between them.

YES. And Futaba who I also liked.

Her introduction in the house was hilarious. Poor Makoto.

I will say I liked the Confidants side characters more in 5. Aside from the Dojimas, the nurse and of course Marie from Golden I can't really remember much about the rest.

Certainly, I never felt the social stats in 4 to be that memorable. Same goes for 3 to be honest.

This bit I should have gone into more detail over but it was that late in the night and I wrote too much.

So the issue I wanted to cover was regarding Morgana.

Morgana kept on saying how he wanted to find out what happened to him throughout the game and also Mementos itself. The game never really went for that direction until the final act. And when the final act occurs you finally find out what exactly happened. The surprising turn-out was in fact that Morgana was created by the Igor trapped in the Velvet Room by the Holy Grail Igor. For a while I just assumed he would be a shadow so I'm glad that isn't the case.

I've started playing Persona 5 maybe 2 weeks ago but I was so tired that I felt asleep after 20min... saturday night huh... it was a long day though. I wanna get back to it but after going through Dark Souls III main game and 1º DLC, for more than 40 hours, and finishing Shadow of War yesterday with more than 20hrs too, now I will move to Uncharted The Lost Legacy which is a shorter game and not open world. I need it. I need a more straight forward game for now. From the games I was gifted during birtday/xmas in December, I still have to play Persona 5 (as I just mentioned), Uncharted TLL (I also mentioned this one maybe... xD), AC Origins, NIOH (which I have started and played for maybe 20hrs too but I've stopped a while back cause its just to long and I wanted to move to something else). Hmm this should be it for now though backlog is a thing with some other names.

By the way, is anyone registered on TrueTrophies - Playstation Trophy Tracking ?

I am and also NormanicGrav, its a fun website with trophy statistics and lots more. Just in case anyone cares a bit about trophies and wanna join. Maybe we could do a leaderboard for AUKN just for fun. :D

Is automatic or manual? You can see my profile and trophies directly from Sony in my signature, no need for another tracker, especially if I had to do 10 years worth of trophies manually.
It updates each day (and you can manually sort it early if needed be). Honestly it's a useful site for any guides and keeping track of content a fair bit quicker especially for PS3 & Vita games since the PS4 only allows access to hidden trophy descriptions.

Whilst it sounds like a cool idea I don't really play games to unlock every trophy, though I apparently got every one in FF XV, but that's about it.

It updates each day (and you can manually sort it early if needed be). Honestly it's a useful site for any guides and keeping track of content a fair bit quicker especially for PS3 & Vita games since the PS4 only allows access to hidden trophy descriptions.
So just link my PSN profile and all my trophies pop in this website. I use playstationtrophies.org for guides. Not that I have done much Platinum hunting recently.

So just link my PSN profile and all my trophies pop in this website. I use playstationtrophies.org for guides. Not that I have done much Platinum hunting recently.
I also use PlayStationTrophies for guides (as I used to be an Achievement Hunter so I was aware of the Xbox side of those sites).

Oh boy I'm still feeling that void/zone after finishing Persona 5 now.

Back